This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokes and a Carwash

I work at a pretty big gas station, with a convince store and a fast food restaurant in the same building. I've worked there for about 2 and a half years, of and on. I work both in the store and full serve. You pay self serve gas in the store, and full serve gas at the full serve booth, with a huge sign saying "FULL SERVE" above it. Usually though, people pump their own gas and come over to the full serve wanting to pay. I direct them to the store, and they usually are happy about it. Now this is where the fun starts.

Yesterday, I was working outside(full serve) and was inside the booth with the doors shut. The glass is tinted at about 20%, so it's hard to see me. I was crouched down pouring small amounts of windshield wiper fluid into one jug, because some people don't want to be bothered with the remainder when I put it in their car, so I save it.

All of a sudden, my sliding door FLIES open, and an elderly man sticks his head in, looks around, including looking at the ceiling for whatever reason, and then says

Him: "Oh, you gota no cigarette?"

Me: "Um, no sir, you can buy them inside the STORE"

I was pretty shocked, because I had never had someone open the door on me, usually people wait outside for me to come to them.

Him: "Alright"

I was pretty confused, and to make it worse, he came back and opened the door and asked where to pay for his gas...

The second incident was a bit odder. We have a carwash at my site, and it is a little confusing. The was itself is about 20 feet from my full serve booth, but to get to the wash, you have to drive in a lane beside the store, and it takes you around the back of the property to the wash. There is minimal signage and we get some agitated people. I Don't let it bother me that much because I know it's a bad setup.

I get a middle aged lady pulling up to my booth

Her: "How do you get to your carwash!?"

Me: "Ok ma'am, you have to get into the lane beside the far right of the building, and it will take you to the wash"

Her: "How do I get there!?"

Me: "(explained again, trying to be a bit more clear with her)"

Her: "Oh, alright then"

And then she took off. She didn't thank me, and she was quite rude the whole time. Then again, I do work in a fairly wealthy neighborhood, so I am used to it by now.

But she wasn't done yet.

She drive back to my booth about 10 min later, pulled up, nearly hitting a car and shouted at me

Her: "You didn't tell me I needed to BUY a carwash!"

WHAT? Did she honestly think we just gave them away?! Huh? Does that make sense to ANYONE?

So I asked her which one she wanted, Basic, Deluxe or Ultimate, and she asked for the basic, so I rung it up, took her $20, and when I was going to give her the change she said

Her: "Oh, make it the Ultimate!"

GRR

Oh, and on a side note, If one more customer comes up to me when I am shoveling snow and gives me their address so I can do their drive way and laughs heartily at their own joke, I will find a new use for my shovel, and they won't like it

Once I paid for a carwash, at a gas station, drove up, and nothing worked. I drove back up to the teller, and mention that Nothing was working, and they told me no refund. It was only 5 bucks, and I would have used it as a tip anyway, if I was going to eat somewhere.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
      Once I paid for a carwash, at a gas station, drove up, and nothing worked. I drove back up to the teller, and mention that Nothing was working, and they told me no refund. It was only 5 bucks, and I would have used it as a tip anyway, if I was going to eat somewhere.
      This is why I pay for pretty much everything with my debit card. I can dispute the charge later if needed.

Yeah, I'm an SC like that, but it's very much illegal to collect money for services not rendered.

Comment

Quoth Andreamic View Post
        Oh, and on a side note, If one more customer comes up to me when I am shoveling snow and gives me their address so I can do their drive way and laughs heartily at their own joke, I will find a new use for my shovel, and they won't like it
        Lemme guess...the word "sideways" fits into the usage somewhere right?

M
        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I thought your subject line said 'Snakes in a Carwash'.

Comment

WHAT? Did she honestly think we just gave them away?! Huh? Does that make sense to ANYONE?
            For what it's worth--at the gas station I used to work at, we'd give free car washes to people who used the full-service pumps. If you pumped your own gas, pay for your own car wash.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I loooove the automatic drive-in car washes. I recently took my car to one because it was covered in salt and grime from the winter. Unfortunately it wouldn't take my lost dollar bill, so I couldn't get the undercarriage wash. But, the Blue Bomber is all clean until spring...
              Gun control is hitting your target; recycling is reloading your brass.
              "It's not our fault the Business School makes you buy those crappy Gateways!"
              "The queue is..."

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                Lemme guess...the word "sideways" fits into the usage somewhere right?
                Hahaha, yes it does

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                For what it's worth--at the gas station I used to work at, we'd give free car washes to people who used the full-service pumps. If you pumped your own gas, pay for your own car wash.
                Oh, ok. I was just confused because people constantly ask if the washes are free, and I didn't know if they were serious and there were places with free washes, or if they were just being customers and wanting something for free.

Comment

Quoth Witch of Endor View Post
                  I have had it with these motherf****** snakes in this motherf****** carwash
                  -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                  -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

All of a sudden, my sliding door FLIES open, and an elderly man sticks his head in, looks around, including looking at the ceiling for whatever reason, and then says
                    Well, he had to rule out the possibility that you were SpiderMan.
                    Of course, hearing the conversation that resulted, he thought your little kiosk was a register. And thus, cigs might have been stationed above you.
                    But still, if it were a register, wouldn't there be a visible way of taking money/making change, much less a lock on the door?
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Witch of Endor View Post
                      DONT give sammy any ideas!!!!
                      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
                      X