This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifters are stupid!

Today's tip for would-be boosters: If you steal a pair of shoes from a store, it is not a good idea to wear those same shoes when visiting the store again to jack some more stuff.

Today we caught a shoplifter who managed to steal a crapload of stuff in just two days (CDs, makeup, clothing, and the aforementioned shoes).

The LP woman was in today and when the shoplifter came in (wearing the same shoes she had stolen a couple of days before), she immediately homed in on her with the cameras and a couple employees started following her around. Sure enough, she went to electronics, grabbed an MP3 player, took it to the fitting rooms, cut it out of the packaging, and slipped it in her coat pocket.

The managers on duty were waiting for her outside, along with the LP woman, and they took her down when she tried to leave.

It's off to local peck-on-the-cheek prison with her, plus she will be banninated from the store for a year, I think.

I love it when shoplifters get busted.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I would love to just be standing right outside that dressing room, staring at where she will soon be, arms crossed, poker face...

"Come with me."
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

I think the customers who accuses us to think they are crooks are just as bad. They think there's no such thing as shoplifters or something!
      Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

heh, I had quite a stupid shoplifter once. My shop is tiny, i can see everything perfectly from my desk. a kid walks in, about 16-17 years old, stands with his back to me and proceeds to stuff dvds up his jumper... well done idiot.
        If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried!

Comment

Oh I've been DYING to use this one!!!
          I always curse when I see opened packages and missing cakes in boxes... always praying to catch ONE, just ONE... my prayers were answered not too long ago.

I was checking the temperature in my cakefridge when I heard plastic crumpling noise behind me. I turn around to see this ADULT man curled up in a foetal position, an arm under a cookie box, an arm over it, trying to SUBTLY open it to steal a cookie. SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DEPARTMENT!

I'm shocked, but I decide to wait. I cross my arms, looking right at him.

He finally frees the cookie, pops it in his mouth and looks up.

"I hope you're going to buy that box sir?"

*stammering* "Uh... ye-yeah!" And he dumps the box in his basket.

I figure I'll follow him a bit while doing my work. I meet him again later as I went to fetch a box o breads in the back, he still has the cookies in his basket and is picking a carton of milk. OPPORTUNITY!

"Yes, it helps wash them down, doesn't it?"

Oooooh, double whammy.

Yes, he bought the cookies and didn't dump them in an aisle hidden behind other products.
          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth tm comics View Post
            heh, I had quite a stupid shoplifter once. My shop is tiny, i can see everything perfectly from my desk. a kid walks in, about 16-17 years old, stands with his back to me and proceeds to stuff dvds up his jumper... well done idiot.
            What did he do when you pointed out he was nicking your gear?

Rapscallion

Comment

He tried to make a run for it, but since my shop is in a Cybercafe, everyone heard me shout stop him, and he had about 20 geeks leap on him!
              If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried!

Comment

Quoth tm comics View Post
                He tried to make a run for it, but since my shop is in a Cybercafe, everyone heard me shout stop him, and he had about 20 geeks leap on him!
                Attack of the geeks. Don't underestimate us. We're stronger than we look.
                "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Heh, at my local general nerdiness store (LAN cafe, tabletop gaming, comics, generally geeky paraphernalia-basically, the best store ever), some punk tried to run out with a pile of Games Workshop blister backs. I yelled at him and started to run after him, but the employee busted out one of the swords on sale and started chasing him down the street.

Then a beat cop broadsided him, and I think broke his arm. Sucks to be him.
                  Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

awhh

This gives me fond memories of people attempting to steal from our reference library. When caught, they would say, I didn't know I couldn't carry that £150 book under my shirt outside. Or "I thought it was okay to borrow it."
                    Really, so why did you walk past the issuing desk then?
                    ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                    Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

We have this fairly large wooden dragon statue in our store.
                      It's really really ornate and we get offers to buy it all the time. I think the owner made it himself.
                      Well this genius decided to steal it. He picked it up and stuffed it under his coat.
                      Nevermind that you need 2 hands to hold it.
                      Nevermind the head was sticking out of the top of his jacket and the tail out of the bottom.
                      He tried to take it anyways.
                      When asked wtf he was doing he said 'Oh, um....how'd that get there?'

Comment

Quoth Blueberry View Post
                        We have this fairly large wooden dragon statue in our store.
                        It's really really ornate and we get offers to buy it all the time. I think the owner made it himself.
                        Well this genius decided to steal it. He picked it up and stuffed it under his coat.
                        Nevermind that you need 2 hands to hold it.
                        Nevermind the head was sticking out of the top of his jacket and the tail out of the bottom.
                        He tried to take it anyways.
                        IT CRAWLED UP YOUR LEG, GENIUS.
                        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Blueberry View Post
                          That doll carries with it a curse...
                          "That's bad."
                          But it comes with a free tub of froyo.
                          "That's good."
                          The froyo is also cursed.
                          "That's bad."
                          It has bits of cherry and fruit in it.
                          "That's good."
                          The froyo is full of monosodium glutemate.
                          "..."
                          That's bad.

/sorry that all just spilled out
                          //was only going to post that the statue was cursed, and killed shoplifters...
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                          X