This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir, How OLD Are You?

It never ceases to amaze me how many "adults" insist on acting like two year olds when they don't get their way. I had a man literally jump up and down and have a tantrum because we had to block off an aisle for no more than three minutes to bring a pallet down for another customer. How pathetic!
    Shut up and jump.

We had a guy swearing up and down the aisles because we ran out of bratwurst up front (You know how gas stations have self-serve hotdogs). I mean, walking down the candy aisle with little kids in it going "How the f--- can this f---ing place be out of godd--- brats? I want my f---ing food!".
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

My customers don't know the (don't take anything that's not in front of you) rule and reaches into my personal space and grabs a bag!
      Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

I got some that walk straight into my CLOSED AREA and try to spark a conversation while I slice their bread/write on their cake/wrap whatever they want. I physically push them out while telling them it's a restricted area.

One with a bunch of medals actually got all uppity and screamed "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"

"You're not one of my employees, get out."

"I CAME HERE FOR BREAD!"

"You'll get plenty in the front, get out."

"BUT I WANT SOME FROM HERE!"

"They're the exact same date as the ones in front, get out."

Repeat the do you know who I am another 3 times.

Got another one that crawled in and said as I was pushing him out "I used to work at a bakery!"

"Not anymore you're not."

I got others that look like Miss Trailer Trash '87 and ask where the restrooms are.
        When told the restrooms are on the second floor, they will grab their crotch and literally SCREAM! "That's too far I'll piss on the floor!"

"I'll call a mop boy when you're done."

These are people that are in their 40's and beyond. These people are supposed to be "raised right" by now. Why do they act like this? Do they act like this at home?

Incidentally, I don't tell them about the employee only restroom because they have a tendency to pee all around the seat instead of in the water. I dunno for you, but I don't hover.
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I remember dealing a really annoying Hot Wheels collector who was damn near in tears because we wouldn't bring out every case of Hot Wheels we had in stock for him to search through. He literally stomped out of the store like a five year old when he didn't get his way. His son, who couldn't have been older than ten, hid his face with his hat as he followed his big baby of a father out of the store. We all got a good laugh out of that guy.
          "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Back when i worked in the cooked chicken department of Morrisons i remember adults throwing hissy fits when we'd sold out of ribs or something of the like. It's just plain disturbing watching a fully grown woman clench her fists and stomp her feet!
            If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried!

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko
              Got another one that crawled in and said as I was pushing him out "I used to work at a bakery!"
              I used to work at B&N. I don't go behind the counter at Borders.
              I used to have a job where I made hamburgers, too. I don't go into the kitchen at McD's and cook my own.

When told the restrooms are on the second floor, they will grab their crotch and literally SCREAM! "That's too far I'll piss on the floor!"

"I'll call a mop boy when you're done."
              That's great!
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Ah yes, the Hot Wheels collectors. For the life of me I can't figure out why grown men would throw such a shitfit over little metal children's toys.

Wait a minute, yes I can! Ebay! I just did a search for "hot wheels" on ebay and found a few cars selling for over a thousand bucks.

Anyhow, my personal favorite in the "overgrown infant" category was this guy who seemd to get personally offended when I wouldn't sell him the display of a lamp we were out of.

I told him our policy was not to sell displays of anything until all the boxed items were gone and we were certain no more would come in. He demanded to know why this was. Then I told him the displays weren't as good as a boxed lamp because they were turned on 24-7 and getting banged around by customers. I also offered him a rain check, because this particular lamp was on sale.

This still wasn't good enough for him. He barked at me "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" and stomped off.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  Wait a minute, yes I can! Ebay! I just did a search for "hot wheels" on ebay and found a few cars selling for over a thousand bucks.
                  Damn, I should go see what we've got stashed in the basement...does it matter that most of what's down there are my brother's?
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    I told him our policy was not to sell displays of anything until all the boxed items were gone and we were certain no more would come in. He demanded to know why this was. Then I told him the displays weren't as good as a boxed lamp because they were turned on 24-7 and getting banged around by customers. I also offered him a rain check, because this particular lamp was on sale.

This still wasn't good enough for him. He barked at me "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" and stomped off.
                    Yeah that lenghty, clear, simple explanation you just said was completely out of thin air. You had NO IDEA what you were talking about, just reading off a cue card behind him.

What's so important about getting a lamp righta friggin' now anyways?
                    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
                    X