This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Don't Want My Money"

Ever notice how certain SCs will say, "You don't want my money," when you ask them to make a tiny amount of effort or answer a simple question?

I got this when I asked a guy who was updating to supply me with his serial number. We need it because we need to identify which license is being updated. Would they prefer to pay good money to update any random license in our database instead of updating their own license?

Grrr....
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

I get that when people want something for free. Or a lot of stuff for cheap. Forget info. My personal favorite is when they ask me to hook them up (and when you buy all new games/hardware I can't play with the price at all) but they aren't store members. Of course, being the excellent salesman that I am, I use it as an opportunity to pitch the "Year-long Hook Up" (tm) and urge them to buy a store membership ($20 per year, renews are only $15!). Of course, that is $20, and we all know how cheapskates are.

So eventually we get your statement: "You must not want my money." I tell them that I don't get their money and that I don't care if they buy from us or not.

It never fails to get a good reaction. And manager's don't seem to care. That's the best part. I do manage to get them to not be any more pissed than they would be because I won't give them a discount. Hell, I barely get a discount. Leave me alone. No really, leave me alone. But or leave, but don't waste space and my oxygen complaining that you aren't getting what you think is fair. Do I look like someone who sets prices?

I think I thread-jacked, my bad. My mind jumps from one topic to the other pretty ridiculously.

Ever get lost in your own head? I do daily.

Comment

So do I hobgoblin, that's why I play DnD. Keeps me focus.

As for the OP, all boy all boy do I get that alot. Especally from people underage trying to buy cigs and I tell them no. Or the people who've been banned from the store for theft/insulting us.

Nope, don't give a shit about your money, nor do any of us get paid by commision.

Then again my bonus is related to sales.

But I can also lose my bonus if too mcuh stuff is stolen. Go fig?

EDIT: Dips, where's that avatar from? It looks familar.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        Kung Fu Hustle.
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Hobgoblin View Post
          I think I thread-jacked, my bad. My mind jumps from one topic to the other pretty ridiculously.

Ever get lost in your own head? I do daily.
          I'm the last person to worry about topic-drift. I'm probably one of the worst offenders on this board.

And, yes, it's because my brain keeps running off to weird places.

Quoth Plaidman
          Quoth Shironu-Akaineko
          Kung Fu Hustle.
          There was a post on here which reminded me of the time I ran outside of the house in my nightgown to yell at some kids.

Remembering that incident reminded me of the Landlady from Kung Fu Hustle.

See? Brain. Weird places.
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

oo and the closely related "You've just lost a customer" ... that we didn't want in the first place, oh no!
            "Sir, I'm afraid that our warranty does not cover hauntings"

Comment

Quoth Bacter View Post
              oo and the closely related "You've just lost a customer" ... that we didn't want in the first place, oh no!
              "We got about 30,000 others. I think we'll manage."

Only now I notice that despite being a naturally sickingly shy girl, I'm terribly sassy-mouthed at work.
              Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
              X