Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have pennies so I need this held until Wednesday (longish)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have pennies so I need this held until Wednesday (longish)

Had this half-wit come up to the service desk with a digital coin sorter and a large bag of penny rolls. He said something UTTERLY nonsensical about his large amount of pennies and his daughter having to do some project for school and he's going on some sort of trip so he needs these items held until Wednesday - today is Saturday. (Yeah, I know. It made absolutely NO sense. I'm not even sure that's exactly what he said, because whatever it was short-circuited my brain)

Me: I'm sorry sir, but we can only hold these for 24 hours. There is no way we can hold them until Wednesday.

SC: But that lady told me this is the last one.

Me: That may be sir, but we can still only hold things for 24 hours.

SC: But I need this, and it's the last one.

Me: Here, let me see that a minute.

I checked the coin sorter SKU in the inventory system and found that it was still an active item, with indeed just that one in stock, and two sold this week.

Me: Sir, this is an active item. That means that even if we sell this one, we will get more in. In fact, since we've sold two this week, more are probably already on their way here.

SC: But I need this, and it's the LAST ONE!

Me: Sir, even if this one sells, we will get more.

SC: Excuse me. The lady told me this is LAST ONE!

Me: And if this sells, we'll get more.

So he just stood there, alternately staring at me and staring at the product. Remember that I said elsewhere that I'm a staring contest champion? I just stared right back, waiting for him to make a decision and move on. Finalyl he scrunched his eyes shut and brought his hand to his eyes like he was getting a massive headache. Then he wandered over to the side counter near our lock-up where the opther cashier was waiting for a manager to get something. I moved the items to the counter behind me and immediately called over the next person in line (who had been made to wait too long because of this nitwit)

SC (to other cashier): I have a lot of pennies and my daughter having to do some project for school and I'm going on some sort of trip so I need these items held until Wednesday.

CW: What?

SC: Can you tell him to hold those for me?

CW: Oh, I'm not the manager.

Presently the MOD arrived to open lock-up.

SC: Excuse me.....

MOD: It'll be just a minute, sir!

*a minute later*

MOD: Yes sir?

SC: I have a lot of pennies and my daughter having to do some project for school and I'm going on some sort of trip so I need these items held until Wednesday.

MOD: There's no way we can do that sir. We can only hold things for 24 hours.

SC: But you told me it was the last one!

MOD: That doesn't matter sir. We can't do it.

SC: Will you get more in?

*IDIOT! I told you that at least three times!*

MOD: Absolutely.

SC: Oh.....ok. *leaves*

I probably lost a few brain cells because of this guy, but on the bright side, it was nice to be backed up by the MOD for a change (they've been caving a lot lately).
    Last edited by Dave1982; 03-11-2007, 04:05 AM. Reason: typos
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

I know exactly how you feel sweety.
    I get it ALL the time.
    Nobody believes a word I say. The sweet thing is, when they try to get their non-existant bread from another employee (that does not work in the bakery I might add), that employee refers him/her right back to me.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Maybe he needed to be told "no" a specific number of times before he could accept it as true...
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        Maybe he needed to be told "no" a specific number of times before he could accept it as true...
        [sing] Whaaaaaaat part of no don'tchu understaaaaaand~[/sing]
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

How much could the stupid thing possibly cost?

Just buy it and STFU!

I don't get that.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            "Damn, that's three!"
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
            X