Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desperately wanting to do exactly what the customer asked me to do.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperately wanting to do exactly what the customer asked me to do.

Me, I work at this awesome game store selling board games and card games.

My coworker came up to me and tossed a $20 on the counter and said "break it". Oh my, my fingers got real itchy and I very nearly tore the bill in half. Thankfully the coworker is a cool guy and had no problem with that but I really really want to do that for an SC sometime.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

I'd have still ripped the note in half. and then stuck the halfs together with tape and smiled sweetly and said 'next time, say please'.
    :-)

Comment

I dunno, I read a story on Not Always Right were a jerk ripped a hundred dollar tip from someone else after being asked to break it by the worker.

That's the kinda thing that can blow up in your face if you aren't careful.

Comment

Ah, at the repair center, we had access to a few tools up front.. wrenches and such. Never, ever ask us to break a 20 or larger. At least one of us would get a kick out of grabbing the wrench and smacking the bill going, "Is it broken yet?"
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

When did it become so hard to go up to a cashier and say " Excuse me, could you break a $20 for me please?"

I've never had anyone be upset at me for asking that. Even if they didn't they usually just politely said that they couldn't and point me towards a store more likely to have the scratch to do so.
          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Yeah, I just got a twitch in my eyelid from reading that.
            Break your foot off in his ass.....
            "Can't talk.

Comin' down."

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
              Me, I work at this awesome game store selling board games and card games.

My coworker came up to me and tossed a $20 on the counter and said "break it".
              Four words: Water, liquid nitrogen, hammer.

His bill would definitely be broken after that treatment.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

"With pleasure!"

reaches for the scissors with an evil grin....

What? Cutting isn't the same as breaking?
                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                X