This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was/am i sucky customer?

Okay I would like to pose a question to the wart-mal cart guys? Recently a new wart-mal opened near me. It is a bit smaller than most of the ones I'm used to shopping at & as such has a little parking lot with no cart carrel. Is it okay to hook the carts in the foliage to keep them from running into other cars.
    If what doesn't kill me makes me stronger, I should be able to lift an 18 wheeler with my pinky toe.

When at a smaller shop, I take my carts back to the store. If it's small enough not to have a carrel, it's small enough that it's not much of a walk back to the cart area.
    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

And if it's a smaller shop, they probably don't have guys ... err I mean people .... to round up said carts and take them back inside. Which of course means that either the carts disappear out into the woods or off to someone's home, OR the staff has to stay late to round up said carts, resulting in overtime wages and all that that causes. Either way, there would then be no carts for the next person to use (which would drive away business, and we ALL know where that would lead) :*

Comment

Depends, (having played the fetch game with carts as a cashier). I always preferred to see them up on the plant isles, rather than in a parking spot. At least up on the isles, they were less of a navigation hazard and I would get warning if that old biddy in the land yacht from hell decided to park right where I was. (this was also a major issue the the stock people had with collecting carts.)

However, it depends on how big the lot is. I saw a neighborhood Walmart that had a large enough lot that it should have corrals, but for some idiot reason didn't. It was fully big enough that a few semis could park in the back of the lot.. so carts were scattered wherever people and the wind took 'em.

The smaller lot ones didn't, but these were ones where the Walmart was more like a corner store, with two small rows of parking along two sides of the store, rather than a "lot." It had a corral right outside the door, but by that point, why not just walk the thing back in?

I have no life... my sister and I decided to go traveling Arkansas by visiting various Walmarts in the state...
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Personally I always thought to be a Sucky Customer there has to be some intent to be sucky, or at least a level of misguidence that reaches Darwinistic proportions. In your case you were trying to do the right thing.

I would not call you sucky, IMHO.
          "Announcing your intentions is a good way to hear God laugh." Al Swearingen (Deadwood)

Comment

Quoth 2gigch1 View Post
            Personally I always thought to be a Sucky Customer there has to be some intent to be sucky, or at least a level of misguidence that reaches Darwinistic proportions. In your case you were trying to do the right thing.

I would not call you sucky, IMHO.
            QFT. Usually if you are asking if you are, chances are good that you are not.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

At the local Publix, they have no carrels, so I usually put my cart up on the nearest island, which seems far better than leaving it in the parking lot where it is not only a navigation hazard, but has the potential to roll into parked cars, especially on windy days, which we get a lot of down here. Now, this Publix DOES have staff specifically assigned to get carts, and that is a good thing, as to bring them back is not merely a matter of bringing them back to the sidewalk, but also up the ramp to the (raised) store, as that is really the only alternative to the islands if you don't want them being potential hazards to cars an pedestrians.

At the now-closed Albertson's, they had carrels, and I used them. At the Winn-Dixie in town, they just finally put in carrels, and I use them, the few times I shop at W-D.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

I believe, as a general rule of thumb, one should attempt to return carts to any area designated for them. If there are no corrals, then one should leave the carts back at the front of the store if possible. While these days, a lot of folks with leave carts hooked to little islands in the parking lot, the problem with this is it can be a hazard when someone tries to park near one of those carts. At least, that's my opinion.

Comment

But in the planters is fine. I seldom minded that. Most consumers don't even do more han just leave them right where they are when they've unloaded them. The corrals tend to be useless when the winds pick up . . .
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I was bad the other day, I was taking the cart directly across the parking lot at a supermarket to where a corral was and the wheel locked up as out of range. I still tried to drag it, but it was hopeless and by that time I was a bit fed up and didn't want to drag then wheel it the way back to where there were no corrals.
                    I left it in a safe place for traffic and parking - but I was trying to be good

I almost forgot about this, I'll have to mention it to them next time I'm in.

Comment

although i personally walk them back if there's no return-area... it's better than what i see some assholes doing, such as leaving the cart just TWO spots away from the corral.

Comment

Worse even that that are the true assholes, such as the guy who, once he was finished with his cart, just kind of shoved it aside, and let it roll....and it rolled....right into the back of my truck while I was loading my groceries into it. Naturally I had a calm and measured reaction:

"HEY!"

To which he said nothing, reacted not at all, and got in his Pieceofshitmobile, and drove off without a care in the world. Because, after all, I have a very soft voice and never, ever raise it in anger towards raging fuckhead douchebags.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

I usually try to at least get the cart to the carrel. However the day in question I was on day 3 of the worst vertigo EVER (think the worst room spins you've ever had and multiply it by 100,000 and you are almost where I was this particular day) & I just was not able to take the cart bak & my hubby was afraid to leave me alone for fear i'd fall over.

I appear to have him trained now. We were at this wart-mal last night & all it took was me looking for a safe place to put the cart & he just took it out of my hands & took it up to the front of the store. YEA him!!
                          If what doesn't kill me makes me stronger, I should be able to lift an 18 wheeler with my pinky toe.

Comment

So long as it isn't out of intention or laziness, but do try to get it back to its proper position. I have a mother, who once tried to tell us not to push the carts into a corral, because she was mad at Wal-Mart. Offloading this onto the cart pushers will fix this how...?

I still pushed it back in my case. Argh. That woman will drive me nuts.

Comment

I hate the people who return the cart to just OUTSIDE the door, thereby blocking people getting in. Really dude? You can walk it ALL the way back to the door, but not the two feet to put it inside the door???

Or you leave it in the parking lot because, you know, it's raining (and why should you get even more wet taking the cart back?) But then the next time, you BITCH because the carts are wet!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X