This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, you listened to the menu...

Had a guy call our specific line, and immediately ask for an update on an outage in his area
    Ah, first off, I don't know of any outages in that area, secondly, this is the support line for techs, whhhaaaattt?!
    I politely advised him as such & tried to give him the normal tollfree number to call, but he read back the number he'd dialled & I advised him that it's incorrect for HIM.

"But I listened to the menu & it sounds like just what I need!"

o.O

"So... You heard it say 'For $specificdepartment Press 1, For $specificdepartmetn Press 2, or for Ticket Updates Press 3' ...?" I ask.

*cough splutter* Yeahhhh Look it's not gonna happen buddy. Then he asked me over & over for the correct number, and made a point of getting it wrong over & over - despite the fact it's only 1 digit away from what he dialled

The kicker is that the menu was actually recorded by one of the guys here, an Islander, and the first thing you'd notice is that's clearly not the main menu for a $BigImportantTelco.
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Wait, this SC actually listened to the menu???
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
      Wait, this SC actually listened to the menu???
      More like the SC LIED about listening to the menu - now THAT I'd believe
      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
      What's the difference?
      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
      X