This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price change woe

Alright, the price of perch went up to $14.49/pound.
    We have it posted in four different spots, and the menus have all been changed.
    So why are people getting pissed at me when suddenly their unusually large fish order is now $40?

And let's look at this. $40 for 2½ pounds of perch (That's not a whole lot of actual food...) or $40 for 50 pieces of chicken? I'd rather get the chicken kthx.
    (Well, I, personally, would rather get 15½ gallons of gas... that's a little under half a tank for me)
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

15 1/2 gallons of gas is a tank and a half for me pfffft

Perch, eh?

Don't ever underestimate the power of angry fish eaters!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Perch is nasty anyway, smells like a mixture of sweat and a locker room. Haddock is where it's at. To a slightly lesser degree, Cod too.
      Butterfly shrimp, anyone?

And yeah, I have a 35 gallon tank.
      I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
      less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Ahhh a fellow Wisconsinite............fishing season will be here before we know it.....thank god I don't deal with selling bait anymore......leaches make me want to vomit.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It's obvious who is from Wisconsin, driving around. 40°F out, and we have our windows down

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            leaches make me want to vomit.
            Are you referrring to the bait or the customers?

Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
              It's obvious who is from Wisconsin, driving around. 40°F out, and we have our windows down
              Yeah, I'm the only person in NJ who does that. I rock. (It'll be better if/when I get my own car, so I have have my WI {not the University} decal on the back.)
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
                Hey, those of us born and raised near Chicago are rather the same!! I've had my windows down for weeks now, unless it's actually blowing snow.
                "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
                X