This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Crazy Lady And The Moving Car!

Today I observed a car sitting in our fire lane for 5-minutes. I wrote it a ticket. Just as I was putting it on the car, this wild-eyed middle-aged woman comes rushing over demanding:
    “You moved my car! Why did you move my car!?” My brain went ‘Whubbaflubbabwuh?’ before I told her I didn’t understand what she was saying. She claimed that she had parked it in row 7 and now somehow it was here, so either I moved it or someone else did. She then demanded her car keys from me. I told her I didn’t have her keys. A couple she was with pointed-out that the keys were in the ignition of the car; apparently they had been helping her look for her ‘missing’ car when she spotted me! I told her that if she was convinced that she had left the car parked that we could check the cameras; maybe she had a friend who was playing a joke on her. As we were checking her brain was all over the place, and I noticed she had a smell of alcohol. First she claimed she KNOWS she parked in the lot. Then she said that maybe she blacked-out and parked in the fire lane instead! Then she looks at me and yells:
    “Why did you take my keys!?” I told her I hadn’t taken her keys. She looked down and saw them in her hand. Then she wandered-off complaining that someone stole her cell phone at the register and demanding they find it, even though she couldn’t remember what register she checked-out at, the cashier, what she bought or where her receipt was! Then she just disappeared and we saw her drive away.

It wasn’t until after she left that we finally got to the video showing that she HAD walked out to her car parked in row 4, then pulled-out, parked in the fire lane, and went back into the store! So this lady was so out of it that she didn’t remember coming into the store the 2nd time! And she left so unexpectedly that we didn’t have the chance to try and get her to call someone for a ride or get her a taxi, so I hope she made it back home. I wonder if she will even remember talking to us, or remember to pay her ticket.

My boss agrees that crazy follows me.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Quoth LillFilly View Post
    My boss agrees that crazy follows me.
    You're in good company. Kanalah, Lupo, Seraph and you all seem to be weirdness magnets. Perhaps you should check to see if you have a dartboard or bullseye on your back...
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

We need to create like a badge or something to give to our board's Enemies of Normalcy.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        We need to create like a badge full body & mind armor or something to give to our board's Enemies of Normalcy.
        Fixed what you said.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
          As we were checking her brain was all over the place, and I noticed she had a smell of alcohol. . . Then she said that maybe she blacked-out and parked in the fire lane instead!
          Er. . .

I'm not trying to slam on you, LillFilly, but I really wish you had called for a police officer on this one. Field sobriety test, breathalyzer, etc.

I've cleaned up way too many horrific messes caused by drunk drivers.

Comment

Lucky my weirdness magnet is quiet for the time being.

ohgodijustjinxedmyself *hides in a corner*
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
            X