This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little bit of espionage ....

Another interesting email from a customer...

--------
    When I signed on for your service, I assumed that I had some part to play other than a passive observer to your service intruding onto my monitor and running amok. I have never voluntarily used your service. And why should I, as it simply grabs my computer by the throat and shakes out the *** allotment and then ruefully informs me I'm either 1.) full up *** or 2.) over my free limit--please pay for this excess promptly.

Do I object? Of course I do!

Your *** service has the character of a computer virus. I leave my computer a moment and come back to see your logo and the program peeling through programs on my computer which it has itself selected. Are you some sort of espionage operation? Fishing expedition? Who are you? Do you know?

I don't want to have any part of your operation. I want you to remove yourself from my computer--I don't want or need your sort of "***."
    -------

(I'm feeling a bit of amnesia comming on.)

I don't know what you do,or what this is in reference to, but it sounds to me like someone left the gate open and let a wooden horse in.
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

We provide a service online, and if I tell you any more I'd have to kill you.

No really my boss won't let me be any more specific than that. But what is funny is that you have to knowingly fill in a registration form, manually install our service, and it is the computer that initates the connection not us.

Basically our service is completely customer controlled, we just support it and collect the money.

Comment

"When I signed on to your service........I have never voluntarily used your service"

What's wrong with this picture?
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
        X