• Show
Clear All

• My cold drink is cold!

Customer comes up to the bar.

SC: Can I have a latte?
    Me: Sure, coming right up.
    SC: But can you make it with cold milk?
    Me: Okaaaaay.

I attempt to make this latte with cold milk, knowing that it is going to be freezing cold.

Me: Are you sure you don't want hot milk sir?
    SC: Yes, I dont like hot milk.
    Me: Ok.

My manager starts to watch, curious.

I manage to make the cold latte and hand it to him. He sips it.

SC: This is cold! *spits out*
    Me: Well you said you wanted cold milk.
    SC: But I still want the drink to be warm!
    Me: OK I'll just heat it up...
    SC: No I dont want warm milk!

The manager isn't impressed with his stupidity. In the end I just handed him a black coffee and a jug of cold milk and told him to do it himself.

As he left, the manager muttered

Manager: Yeah, because cold milk is always f**king boiling isn't it?

He did a half head turn and looked back at us, and carried on walking.

My dad puts his ice cream in the microwave.

Wanna talk about cold stuff being warm? People in the holidays pick up christmas logs on the counter expecting Ice cream logs.

"This isn't ice cream log! I want a refund!"
    "Where did you get it?"
    "On the counter over there!"
    "Do you leave your ice cream on the counter?"
    "Well, NO!"
    "Us neither."
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Attention! Attention! Stupidity levels rising. Brain cell purge activating…now! BWOOOOOOSH!!
      ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

For the OT. Maybe he heard it could be made with cold milk, didn't you and your manager thought about that? Your manager should not have said what he did, while the customer was in the store.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Yeah, but the way I read it, he said specifically, he didn't like warm milk. Then he went on to say again he did not want it made with warm milk.

How can you have a warm drink that contains cold milk?

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
            For the OT. Maybe he heard it could be made with cold milk, didn't you and your manager thought about that?
            If he heard something like "a hot drink can be made with cold milk", it could only have been from the voices in his own head. Anyone with their head attached firmly to their shoulders and not up their own ass should know better.

Also, while I do normally believe that one should try and be tactful while in front of a customer, there comes a point when the gloves absolutely *should* come off. Those special people who behave in a rude, stupid manner will continue to do so as long as the rest of civilized society is too polite or scared to tell them to "quit acting like fucktards, already!"
            "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

I'm trying to figure out if he wanted an iced latte, and was unhappy because mixing cold milk with hot coffee makes a lukewarm drink. And then he just wasn't articulate enough to express it in words, so he had a fit, like a baby who screams until he gets what he wants because he can't speak.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                Yeah, but the way I read it, he said specifically, he didn't like warm milk. Then he went on to say again he did not want it made with warm milk.

I'm also trying to wrap my head around that one.

He wants a warm drink, with cold milk. Okay.
                Complains it's cold. Clerk offers to warm up cup of MIXED coffee and milk. Which technically still be a drink made with cold milk. Cold milk was poured inside the coffee.

Customer refused, don't like the taste of warm milk.
                But coffee taste is stronger than milk taste.

But...

Ow...
                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I put ice cream in the microwave too. Usually for about thirty seconds. Its not enough to make the ice cream 'warm', it just softens it enough you can scoop it without bending your spoon.

And no, running the spoon under hot water doesn't last long enough at all.
                  My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

I once worked at a little Mediterranean restaurant with fantastically good food. Employees got their food for free, so I made a point of trying everything so that I could recommend with some authority foods that would be unfamiliar to most of the customers (this was a smallish city with more steakhouses than ethnic restaurants).

We served a milkshake-like drink that was made of yogurt and flavored with cucumber and mint. I don't recall the name of it, but it wasn't sweet. It was refreshing, but definitely an acquired taste. A woman once ordered some, and before she tasted it, she dumped about six packets of Sweet & Low in it...and then complained that it was no good.

Did you know Baba Ghanoush means "Fat Daddy"?
                    He loves the world...except for all the people.
                    --Men at Work

Comment

I put cold creamer or milk in my coffee all the time and my coffee is still hot when I drink it. (Having a cup right now even.) Of course, when I put too much in then, yes, it becomes cold... and really kinda yucky. There is a difference in flavor between hot and cold milk as well.

Sometimes when I first get up I'm really spacey and I'll be counting how many spoons of sugar I put in and I space out. But still, counting... then when my brain gets back around to thinking about what I'm doing I'm all like, "7, 8, 9...*blinkblink*... crap," *pour out coffee, start over*.
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                        Remember the McDonalds McBLT? They served it in a container that had two separate sides. "Keeps the hot side hot, and the cool side cool." Maybe someone could develop a new coffee cup based on this principle. I mean, it worked so well for McDonalds (notice how there are no McBLTs anymore) that it could revolutionize the coffee industry.

Anyway, the way the OP handled it is the only real way I can see it done. If the guy wants the impossible, let him do it himself.
                        Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
                          "Keeps the hot side hot, and the cool side cool."
                          A sectioned Thermos? Do you have any idea how bad that could be for the environment? Just as a thought.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
                            If he heard something like "a hot drink can be made with cold milk", it could only have been from the voices in his own head. Anyone with their head attached firmly to their shoulders and not up their own ass should know better.

Also, while I do normally believe that one should try and be tactful while in front of a customer, there comes a point when the gloves absolutely *should* come off. Those special people who behave in a rude, stupid manner will continue to do so as long as the rest of civilized society is too polite or scared to tell them to "quit acting like fucktards, already!"
                            Hey, I am just saying my opinion. I still think that the manager, should not have said what he did infront of the customer. IF that happened to me, I would take it as far as I can. Treating customers like that, that is not cool. The manager is lucky, that the customer didn't want to fight him.

Also, I may not have read it as perfect, as I should have, so I am sorry about that.
                            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

It's one thing if you're getting a coffee with some milk in it, and want the milk cold. It's something else entirely when you want a latte, that's almost all milk with a few shots of coffee in it, made with cold milk, and still expect it to be hot.

This gentleman officially hurt my brain.

Comment

Working...
                              X