X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five minutes

The "some" ambiguity reminded me of another story

SC walks up

SC: Put some of those wings back in the oil, they're never done enough for me
    I note that she came right from the north entrance, so she never saw the wings in the case... and I tend to cook the chicken more thoroughly than other people.
    Me: How many wings?
    SC: Four
    Me: Ok.
    I drop four wings back into the oil... despite them being plenty cooked, and fresh.
    I walk up, ask if she wants the four piece wing dinner.
    SC: Of course I do. Bring those wings back up now, what's it been... five minutes or so?
    Me: Actually, it's been about... 13 seconds.
    SC: Oh, that's more than enough time.
    Me: Ok....

So now they're just oily. No more cooked than they were 17 seconds ago.

Since when does 5 minutes == 13 seconds?
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post

Since when does 5 minutes == 13 seconds?
    In their dimention, time moves faster, here's an example: customer JUST walks up to the register and start biatching about having to wait, "where is everyone", and "I guess what I want to buy is free today" all this said in about 3 seconds but if asked, they had to wait FOReVeR to be checked out.

In conclusion, remember the
    You have the right to behave badly. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a blog of my choice.

Comment

WTF?

Here's your dripping, greasy chicken, ma'am. Would you like me to throw the macaroni and cheese back in the pot and boil it for 5 minutes (13 seconds) too? Then it'll be good and soggy.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

"Do you have fresh bread?"
        "Sir, the store opens at 8. it's 8:05, it takes 15 minutes for fresh bread."

So I either get:"But is it ready?"
        Or
        "And?"
        Or
        "Okay, I'll be back in 15 minutes!" And they come back 5 minutes later.

Even worse with the steamed up bread. That takes up to 4 or 5 hours. It's NEVER ready in the morning. Yet we have a regular customer (the same guy that likes to grab me by the shoulders) that comes by every morning asking for 2.

I've resorted to greeting him like this :"No Mister C, this afternoon" and he walks off giggling.

As for the lady and the wings, so you picked up her wings, walked to the oil, dropped them in, you come back to ask something and she thinks it's been 5 minutes? Does she have Baywatch vision or what?
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Hell, I have no concept of time (Two reasons: 1) I don't believe in it, 2) the stroke affected the left side of my brain.), and yet, even without a watch on at work, I could be perfectly on time when my break was over, no matter if it was a 15 minute or a 30 minute.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I know.. I had a guy come to my till with my light off in which I did 2 minutes ago and the guy says he's been waiting for 5 minutes??
            Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Last week i was working in my department alone (again. as usual). I left the register long enough to go into the fitting room and clean it out. This took a minute or two, tops. I come out and this pissy woman jumps all over me moaning about how she's been waiting "soooooooooooooo long" to check out. Nice try, but when i walked away from the register a whopping 2 minutes ago, no one was in sight.
              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

I had this one come up to me. I had to wash my hand, since I put it on some spilt soda, which was sticky. It took about a minute, and he was bitchy and saying that it was about 5 minutes
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Don't forget that it can work in reverse, too. They buy something eons ago and when they try to return it, "I bought it last week!!!!!!!"
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    Don't forget that it can work in reverse, too. They buy something eons ago and when they try to return it, "I bought it last week!!!!!!!"
                    *patience snaps*
                    I get that allllll the time! It's ALWAYS last week! ALWAYS!!! It's the magic time! Last week last week last week! Bread that don't exist they got last week! Overly rotten food they got last week! Services whe do not give they got last week! AAAUGH!

*Daffy duck voice* Whoo hoo! Woo hoo! Woo hoo!

I'm okay.
                    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Shironu-Akaineko: Yes. I dropped her wings, came up, asked her a question, and that was all the time it took to make 5 minutes pass.

I tend to lie times to people. If we're out of chicken and cooking a standard 36-batch (32 if N is working... for some damn reason she never does the full 36), I'll tell everyone it'll be 20 minutes to discourage them from putting down large orders
                      I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
                      less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                        It's ALWAYS last week! ALWAYS!!! It's the magic time! Last week last week last week!
                        No, sometimes it's "Yesterday"!

*Ducks*

Mike
                        Meow.........

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
                          Shironu-Akaineko:
                          I tend to lie times to people. If we're out of chicken and cooking a standard 36-batch (32 if N is working... for some damn reason she never does the full 36), I'll tell everyone it'll be 20 minutes to discourage them from putting down large orders
                          I add a minute or two to whatever the kitchen staff tell me. If I think it's gonna take them three minutes to put together a roll, even if they tell me "thirty seconds," I'm still gonna advise the customer 2-3 mins. Only if there's a lot of orders backed up for, say, chicken burgers, and they're only cooking two racks (16) patties, will I say "probably 6-8 minutes." And no-one waits 6-8 minutes at Maccas, unless they're craving an apple pie & none are ready & they plan on spending like an hour sitting around anyway. lol.
                          Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
                          Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
                          <3 Arrested Development

Comment

Quoth CRXPanda View Post

In conclusion, remember the
                            *raise eyebrow*

I will forever remember this as the angular velocity divided by a full rotation in radians...but not much else.
                            Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko
                              It's ALWAYS last week! ALWAYS!!! It's the magic time! Last week last week last week!
                              Last week of what? July 1983?

Quoth ominousoat View Post
                              *raise eyebrow*

I will forever remember this as the angular velocity divided by a full rotation in radians...but not much else.
                              I will remember it as... "Huh?"
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X