Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far can customers go with unpaid Merchandise.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far can customers go with unpaid Merchandise.

A while back I got an elderly lady who..LOL...Get this!!

She takes a greeting card, takes an envelope, writes in the card, puts the card in the envelope, seals it up, writes on the envelope and grabs a similar card for the Cashier to scan.

I was suckered into having to deal with her at my till so she tells me to scan the card that she brought because there's another card similar to the one that she wanted me to scan that was already in the envelope. I'm like i have to see the card in order to scan that one so the woman gets irate and opens the envelope with the card inside and tells me here it is it's the right card... you think I'm a crook or something now I can't use this envelope to send it.

Thank god she brought another envelope so I told her to use the other one.. It's okay!

People.. Pay before you do anything to the merchandise!
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
    you think I'm a crook or something now I can't use this envelope to send it.
    ahhh the logic of an SC.....it always makes my brain hurt.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

People.. Pay before you do anything to the merchandise!
      This includes letting your children eat bananas before they are WEIGHED. Do YOU see a barcode on fruit?
      "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
      -FSTDT

Comment

What a doodoo

What a dodo. Even if she was in a hurry she could have done everything but actually put card in and seal before purchasing.

I actually have done something like that. Was on way between ceremony and reception of wedding I was at and realized I left the card at home. Stopped at Walgreens and while waiting in line I wrote in the card but didn't put it in the envelope because I knew it had to be scanned.

I had to hurry because I was in the wedding.

People thought it interesting to see a woman in full bridesmaid dress and such in line at Walgreens. But the checker said she saw it often as they were quite close to a church.

Comment

Quoth Miss Mayberry View Post
          This includes letting your children eat bananas before they are WEIGHED. Do YOU see a barcode on fruit?
          Hah, barcodes. People have so much trouble with it.
          Try looking at someone in their late 20's scan the name of a box in the self-scanning machine instead of the barcode.

Hilarious.

If it was an elderly person I'd go "bon, poor thing doesn't know what a barcode is, no problem, I'll show him/her." but someone barely older than me?
          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I used to work in a greeting card store that had a post office at the back of the store. You wouldn't believe how many people would "forget" to pay for their card, and just mail it off. The ones who actually did it by accident would usually come up sheepishly to the till and get another of the same card to pay for.

Comment

you think I'm a crook or something
              do you really want the answer to that?

why...?

why do they treat things as if they already own them? newflash: it's not yours to do with as you wish until you PAY for it. oh, i forgot the almighty sc logic.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I hate when they get a whole mess of cards, put them in the envelopes (unsealed) and then come to the register to ring out. I have to remove every card so I can scan the barcode on the back.

No my scanner cannot read through a paper envelope.

I just make sure to take my time, as I do not want to damage their card.
                WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

I think I remember my mother-in-law doing something similar, but she really was just a bit scatter brained and laughed at herself when the clerk pointed out that she needed to scan the card. Sweet woman, and I miss her to death.
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth batmoody View Post
                    I hate when they get a whole mess of cards, put them in the envelopes (unsealed) and then come to the register to ring out. I have to remove every card so I can scan the barcode on the back.

I just make sure to take my time, as I do not want to damage their card.
                    hehe..me too. When I buy cards I put them just under the envelope flap and always make sure the bar code is clear.

I've had people give me the card first, then borrow my pen and write it while I scan the rest of their stuff.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

why do they treat things as if they already own them? newflash: it's not yours to do with as you wish until you PAY for it. oh, i forgot the almighty sc logic.
                      Conversely, once they've paid for it and they drop it and break it in the parking lot why do they think they're owed a new one at no additional charge?
                      My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

some lazer scanners are sensitive. I was in WalMart once behind someone who tried this scam (they were trying to buy a cheaper card than the one in the envelope) and they almost got away with it when I told the girl to grab her portable and scan the barcode thru the envelope...it worked, the SC glared at me, but they were stuck, since they had written on it already, it was theirs, they had to pay!!!

HAHAHA, I can be so evil sometimes!
                        You have the right to behave badly. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a blog of my choice.

Comment

SC: *hands over a price tag for a pair of jeans*
                          Me: ummmm ok, and the jeans are......?
                          SC: Wearin em!

Worst thing is he made me bag his old worn out jeans O.O Was interesting to say the least.
                          Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

'k, I've heard of wearing shoes out of the store, but jeans?! At least shoes usually come in a box!
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Btw the things like the card scam will end soon, with the advent of cheap, ultra small rfid soon major card makers will start including serial chips on the paper of every card, and you will be able to read them inside the envelope with a rfid sensor. rfid will not only help inventory a LOT but it will also murder many many types of scam and robbery
                              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Working...
                              X