This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Beaten with the stupid stick" week

I work in a call center for a gas/electric company. I swear, this week, 50% of my callers had IQs equal to thier shoe size and/or bra size. It was like someone (or several someones) were going around Michigan and beating people with a stupid stick. The following is my list of things I wanted to say this week, but wanting a paycheck, I couldn't.....

1. WHAT PART OF NO DON'T YOU F*CKIN' UNDERSTAND?

2. SLOW THE F*CK DOWN...your name and address don't magically appear on my computer, and being human, it does take time for me to type them in. (I'm good with a keyboard, but not a magician).

3. WHICH MENTAL HOSPITAL DID YOU ESCAPE FROM? (For the genius who had threatened one of our field workers and now we need a cop to go with us when we go out to turn on his gas and electric...He was upset because we coudn't turn him on today....he has to wait until Monday (because we have to schedule the cop) and now he says his $700 worth of tropical fish are going to die. He didn't give us the standard 7 days notice and my thought is....LACK OF PLANNING ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART)

4. SHUT THE F*CK UP!! Give me your name and address before you start talking, then shut up long enough for me to give you the answers to your damn questions.

5. YOUR CELL PHONE RECEPTION SUCKS, CALL BACK LATER!! (I can't say this and instead get to repeat every question and answer, 4-5 times before I'm heard or before I hear them. Sorry to those who sell cell phones, but damn, I hate cell phones. I do have one, but use it for emergency purposes only, if I need to call about a bill or make an appointment, I'll use a land line.)

6. SPEAK THE HELL UP AND DON'T MUMBLE!! Self explanatory I think....

Thank god only two more weeks until my vacation and I can get a break from the morons.

4. SHUT THE F*CK UP!! Give me your name and address before you start talking, then shut up long enough for me to give you the answers to your damn questions.
    I go a little bit crazy when people talk over me. You called me. You want me to answer your questions. You want me to help you. So shut the up and let me!
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

You're right, the Michiganites were absolutely stupid and insane this past week, well...they usually are though. Anyhow, I love the customers that have made terroristic threats, it's just so much fun to inconvenience them by saying a cop is going out, and then telling them they better just be there all day otherwise they might miss them. Pfft, like we'll be able to schedule the cop AND the tech within a four hour time slot a few days beforehand.

Also, a sucky, abusive customer losing $700 dollars worth of fish is just beautiful, beautiful kharma.
      Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Quoth ominousoat View Post
        Pfft, like we'll be able to schedule the cop AND the tech within a four hour time slot a few days beforehand.

Also, a sucky, abusive customer losing $700 dollars worth of fish is just beautiful, beautiful kharma.
        I bet "everyplace else" could do it.

And who spends $700 on fish?
        Last edited by katie kaboom; 03-17-2007, 04:00 PM. Reason: i'm an idiot
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

3. WHICH MENTAL HOSPITAL DID YOU ESCAPE FROM?
          hehehe...I actually live near a mental hospital. It is "TownName Psychiatric Hospital" but all you have to say around here is "TownName" and in the context people will know what you mean...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            hehehe...I actually live near a mental hospital. It is "TownName Psychiatric Hospital" but all you have to say around here is "TownName" and in the context people will know what you mean...
            Let me guess.... Anna?

Comment

there's something like that here too, the name of the place, is used to describe someone not fireing at all cylinders.
              Rawr

Comment

Poor fishies
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I used to live near Broadmoor hospital...which if you know the UK you'll know to be the infamous mental hospital for the absolutely criminal whackos. The Broadmoor siren used to go off at 10AM every monday without fail - and we were all taught that if you heard it at ANY OTHER TIME you were to stay with the adults and not to go outside.
                  "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Things I want to say:

"This is the last week of the academic term. You should know how to get into Microsoft Word."

"We discussed fractions a couple of weeks ago and you had a printed list of rules for order of operations. How could you forget them?"

"I told how how to save to your flash drive four times this quarter."
                    Op.125

Comment

YAlso, a sucky, abusive customer losing $700 dollars worth of fish is just beautiful, beautiful kharma.
                      Poor fishy fish

Maybe it's the weather? I looked at the Weather Channel and saw that you guys are getting some of the same crazy flip-flopping weather patterns we're getting here. People are getting squirrelly for sure. I've had a headache for three days and haven't slept in a week because the wind has been so bad. (We have had twenty degree Celsius temprature swings and a week of alternating snow/70F weather)

Comment

NOOO Not Nemo!

Comment

The fish are innocent creatures, why should they pay for this moron's folly?

Sigh, someday we will wake up and stop treating animal life like spendable worthless sh.. anyhow, I can dream on.

*Bliss has 3 aquariums at home (all freshwater) and takes very good care of his lovely fish* they're almost like my kids to me
                          I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

I suppose kharma wouldn't kill innocents, huh? Well...um...I'll call it "Just Deserts" rather.

Sorry...I'm one of those cold, callous folks that wouldn't abuse an animal, but I'm not going to shed a tear over one either.
                            Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Working...
                            X