This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How stupid can people be?

I work for a major cell phone company right now and trust me, if anyone says there are more stupid people out there then you know, they are right. I swear this is the honest truth and is to dumb to make up.
    One day a guy who we shall call John calls in to inquire about his account. John starts asking about unlimited min and how he can get some. I explained to him that they are part of his plan. Then without notice John asks me the question I have only heard once and only once. How many minutes do I get with unlimited minutes? And how many do I have left if I have unlimited minutes?
    I quickly answered back that they were unlimited and there was no time constraints, to which he asked back well if they are unlimited how many do I have left? I gave the same answer twice before I heard the click of the phone.
    I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Wow, just wow.
    "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

Quoth TWOLF View Post
      How stupid can people be?
      That's rhetorical right?

Comment

Quoth TWOLF View Post
        How many minutes do I get with unlimited minutes? And how many do I have left if I have unlimited minutes?
        So how much am I allowed to eat at this all-you-can-eat buffet?

I got questions like that working in a call center, too. I finally stopped explaining that "unlimited" means "unlimited" and used this as an answer instead: "All of them." I was surprised how often that worked. When it didn't, I'd just make up some BS about the customer having, say, 1000 minutes, and whenever they used, say 25 minutes of the 1000, we'd just add 25 minutes back in so it was always 1000.

If you can't beat 'em, confuse 'em.
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
          If you can't beat 'em, confuse 'em.
          Gee, you make that sound like it's a challenge.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I've only encountered this a few times, but it only takes once to lose whatever hope you have left for mankind.

SC: How many weekend minutes have I used?
            ME: XXXX
            SC: And how many do I have left?
            ME: They're unlimited.
            SC: Yeah, but how many do I have left?
            ME: They're un-lim-it-ed.
            SC: I know, but I can't afford to go over so I need to know how many minutes I can use til the end of the month.
            ME: You can't go over your weekend minutes. They are unlimited, thus there is no limit. You have infinite minutes. They are without end. You could use 50,000 minutes and it you wouldn't be over, because it is impossible to go over unlimited minutes (actually, if you did this we would cancel you, but that's a different matter).
            SC: Yeah, but... You know what, I've got to go. I'll call back later.
            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
              SC: Yeah, but... You know what, I've got to go. I'll call back later.
              NO!!! PLEASE LORD HELP US!! NOOOOOOO!
              You have the right to behave badly. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a blog of my choice.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                You could use 50,000 minutes and it you wouldn't be over,
                50,000 minutes in a weekend? *blinks*
                60 minutes/hour*24 Hours /day=1480*2 days/weekend=2960 Minutes in a weekend. Using 50,00 minutes would be pretty impressive, unless your weekends are longer...
                Last edited by Imogene; 03-19-2007, 02:46 AM. Reason: Editted for content
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Wow. I just started wireless sales about 2 months ago and I have yet to encounter that particular stupid question... I think I would have to pretend I didn't know the answer and shout that question across the store to my co-worker just for the laugh factor...
                  I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Meanswering phone) Kinko's open 24 hours.
                    Idiots (yeah, this happens a lot, actually.): When do you close?
                    Me: We're open 24 hours.
                    Idiots: Oh. So, when do you open?
                    Me: We're open now.
                    Idiots: I mean tomorrow.
                    Me: Anytime. We are open 24 hours. Round the clock. We will not close tonight. So you can come in anytime.
                    Idiots: Anytime tomorrow?
                    Me: Yep.
                    Idiots: Cool....until when?

Dude. Are we going to have to go over every day from now till eternity?

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                      SC: How many weekend minutes have I used?
                      ME: XXXX
                      SC: And how many do I have left?
                      ME: They're unlimited.
                      SC: Yeah, but how many do I have left?
                      ME: They're un-lim-it-ed.
                      SC: I know, but I can't afford to go over so I need to know how many minutes I can use til the end of the month.
                      ME: You can't go over your weekend minutes. They are...
                      "... ah. You have 42,893 minutes left this month. Is there anything else you need?"

Comment

Friend had that happen to her. she told the brainless sod...

"You have fourty three thousand eight hundred minutes per month with the unlimited plan sir."

"Gee, I'm not sure that's enough. I use the phone quite a lot."

"Sir, 43,800 is 1/12 of 525,600 That's the total amount of minutes in a year. The only you'd ever run out of your unlimited minutes would be if you were on the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for an entire month. Even if you could manage to stay awake for that long without collapsing of exhaustion, the batteries of that phone would run out after three hours of straight talking and then you'd be unable to use the phone until you spend two hours charging it up again."

"Oh. I'm not on the phone that much. I'll take the unlimited plan then"

"Good choice sir."

and she finished setting up his acocunt.

M
                        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Unlimited

I know he may seem stupid but in the UK we have a "Fair use policy" and basically this means if you use all the minutes, all the time they can withdraw your service...

Here is a snippet out of many I found( this is for a mobile phone company)

http://www.three.co.uk/xseries/fair_use_policy.omp
                          ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                          Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                            525,600 That's the total amount of minutes in a year.
                            Does anyone else have "Seasons of Love" from RENT stuck in their head now?
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Does anyone else have "Seasons of Love" from RENT stuck in their head now?
                              I didn't until I read your post.
                              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
                              X