This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the Parts counter-Junkyard edition

We all hate those SC's that call in for a quote and play like they never did in hopes the price will me misquoted to a lower price upon visiting in person.

My hubby and the crew had a doozie the other day.

Hubby got a call for a Chevy Blazer rear end, from a very oriental gentleman, he sounded just like Kahn Souphanousinphone Sr. from King of the Hill, so I'll call him Kahn.

Hubby: ******'s Auto...
    Kahn: I need niteefi blazah reah en
    Hubby: $350 in stock
    Kahn: Tree fiffy?
    Hubby: 350
    Kahn: OK

a few hours later

Kahn: Hi, I needa reah end fo a blazah niteeniteefi
    Hubby: You called a few hours ago?
    Kahn: No, I no call
    Hubby: OK $450 in stock
    Kahn: OH NO YOU LIE, you say treefiffy!
    Hubby: NO YOU LIE you said you didn't call
    Kahn: OH ok, so price is tree fiffy
    Hubby: THE PRICE IS 450
    Kahn: walks out

a little while later

Owner: ******'s Auto...ok, a 1995 Blazer rear end...
    Owner: looks up at sales floor for a price
    Hubby: holds up 5 fingers,closes hand,5 fingers, then an "o"'s out of his hand
    Owner: 550
    Owner: (holds phone away from head)

customer yells expletives so loud thru the phone, we can hear them in the salesroom

Don't play games with us...you're not the first, and saddly, you won't be the last...but we've HAD IT with the games!

It's like the arsehats that call the parts store and play the "i wanna waterpump for a 73 beetle" game on the counter GIRL.

I'm not your joke chick, go do something productive, like jaywalk on the interstate!!!
    Last edited by CRXPanda; 03-18-2007, 03:32 PM.
    You have the right to behave badly. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a blog of my choice.

Wonderful, except that for the fullest effect, on the third call, you say "sorry, it was just sold. We can have a new one sometime next week, $550."

Comment

HAHA That's gorgeous. Glad that place has an owner who can roll with the punches and tough em out as bad as any SC can give it.
      Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Um, I don't really see the problem here. To me, it sounds like your husband is jacking up the price when the guy that phoned about the piece came into the store, and for no reason? Then he comes back later and he tells him it's $550? Then why quote $350 over the phone? I think I'd get a little pissed off too if I was given a quote of $350 over the phone, then came in and was told it was going to be $450. But maybe I'm missing something here...

Comment

The problem is that the customer lied first. He called, got a price, then came in denying the call hoping to get an even lower price in person. The owner was just beating him at his own game.

We used to run into the same problem when we were farming. My dad sold hay so we'd get calls from customers asking about it. My dad, naturally, was out on the farm working so us kids would usually answer the phone. Every morning Dad would write down what type of hay he had left, how much of each was left, and how much he was selling for. The list was right by the phone for us kids to see. We'd get these jerks all the time who'd call us for prices, then try to tell my dad that they'd been quoted a lower price over the phone just because the phone had been answered by a child.
          My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

We get the quote game all the time too. We don't have people come in and pretend they didn't call because we don't have a storefront, but it's not like we sell enough 35-user licenses that we don't know what's going on when we get 5 calls looking for quotes on a 35-user license in 2 days.

I'd love to jack the price up every time they call, but my boss won't let me, even though the idea amuses him.

It also gets really fun when they try to get us into a bidding war with a reseller. I'll start another thread about that soon.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
            X