X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiots from last night...

SCs and cheques do not mix!

SC writing a cheque asks the date, so I tell her July 20.
    SC: Are you sure it's July? I thought this was August.
    Me: Yes, ma'am it's July.
    We go around a couple of times and she won't believe me, so I point to the date on our display screen and tell her July is the 7th month.
    SC: Are you sure?
    I even show her my watch, which has the month on it, then she finally believes me.
    SC: *laughs* What was I thinking?
    Does she really want me to answer that???

Another SC writing a cheque. I ask for her preferred customer card, cuz we don't accept cheques without them, no exceptions.
    SC: I don't have that card, but I always write cheques here.
    I tell her we can't accept the cheque, so she pulls out a wad of cash. Her bill was $57 and change, so she grabs a $50 and a $10, then says, no that's wrong, grabs 2 $20s and a $10, thinks about it, then hands me the $50 and 2 $20s!!! It was very entertaining to watch her struggle with the math! I tell her that the $50 and $10 will cover it.
    When she goes to put the rest away, what's sitting right in the front of her wallet? Her preferred customer card! She picks it up and asks if she should throw it away cuz 'it's not good for anything anymore'. I tell her that that is the card she needs if she wants to write a cheque.

What a lovely evening. . . *sigh*
    It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

Where I work, we used to require the savings card for check writing. Now we request ID for all payroll checks and we ask for ID for personal checks if the register requests it.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Comment

Okay, we've all had that moment in, say, January where we are writing a check and screw up the date because of the new year, right? Right.

Well, one time I really screwed up. I was writing a check, and put down for the year "1989." Sadly, it was 1995 at the time.

The cool thing about Alzheimer's is every day you make new friends!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I get a lot of that "wrong date because of new year" on checks, 99% of the time, everyone gets a good laugh out of it.

I jokingly tell people when the Chinese new year changes "Now remember, it's the year of the horse, so don't write snake on the check"
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
        X