X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"300 years old. I am the Highlander."
    Op.125

Comment

Saying "I beg your pardon?" frequently brings people down to earth when they get that far out of line. If not, an icy "That's not any of your business." or in this case, a "That's not a subject for polite conversation and anyway, it's irrelevant to the business on hand." would probably work well, also.

What a jerk this woman was.

Comment

My mom once got told to return to class when she stepped in my high school to pick me up.

We also often get confused with being sisters. My mom had me young, but she forgot to grow old and wrinkly.

At work her co-workers go on about how "4 years old bleep was sooo cute on his birthday" or how "2 years old bloop is learning to go potty" then they turn to my mom and she goes "How 24 years old Shiro got a new car last week..."

Me I never got the question, but I can see they think I'm a tiny lil kid 10 years younger than I really am.
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I'm a 20 years old and I look like I'm 15 or 16.. I even get asked to show ID at the freakin' movies..

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
            At work her co-workers go on about how "4 years old bleep was sooo cute on his birthday" or how "2 years old bloop is learning to go potty" then they turn to my mom and she goes "How 24 years old Shiro got a new car last week..."
            Aaaawww, a new car! That's soooo CUTE!
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The age thing always amuses me. Hasn't as much over the last few years....but still does to some extent. The reason it hasn't as much recently is because people are more frequently guessing my correct age and (horrors!) sometimes even going way over when they guess.

But I come from a family of people who all look younger than we are. My parents are in their seventies, but look like they are in their fifties. My little sister is 35 and would still be getting carded if she still lived in the States. (They are less stringent about such things in the UK, apparently.) My older sister, the Wicked Witch of the West, while evil, does NOT look like she is about to be 41. And I still get carded occasionally, which is nice. If I didn't have my goatee, I would be getting carded even more, which is really amusing.

And the New Girlfriend also looks younger than she is. Although she is 25, most people are shocked by that news. A couple we met last night guessed us at 19 and 27, which was fine by me. (Another, older, couple we met guessed us at 32 and 42, which shocked both of us, but they were basing the guesstimate more on the way we were acting than the way we looked. Which I guess is a compliment.)

Generally people guess me lately at 27-32, and since I will be 37 in June, I am perfectly alright with that. New Girlfriend is less than amused at times, though, when I keep saying that she looks like she is in high school. She KNOWS she does, but I think my continued laughter about it (it amuses me) mildly irritates her. Hell, if that is the worst thing I irritate her with, I should be fine, right?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                Aaaawww, a new car! That's soooo CUTE!
                It's a Big Wheel Fisher Price Dodge Caliber 2007. With the Training wheels removed cuz I'm a big girl now!
                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

When I was younger, I often got mistaken for bein older, if I was clean shaven I'd be pegged at a year or two older than I look. If I didn't shave it'd be 3 or 4 years older. In the past 2 years though most people my age have guessed my age correctly, it happens to be something I miss strangely enough.
                  The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I occasionally get the smartass who asks me what my birthdate is after I've asked theirs while accepting a new prescription. I answer in a few different ways, sometimes throw out a fake one, sometimes tell them that I'd have to kill them if I told them, it's a secret, I'm old enough to know better, blah blah.

Comment

I always get mistaken for quite a bit younger than I am. I used to dislike it quite a bit. For the first several years of my marriage if I mentioned "my husband" people would say "You're old enough to be married?" in a shocked tone, and that got kind of tiresome. But now that I'm over 40 I certainly look at it differently. In fact I was kind of bummed about turning 40 but then a few months after that I was making a purchase at a liquor store and the clerk said "I'll need to see your ID". I honestly thought he was just joking with me and I said "Are you serious?" to which he replied "Yes, I am". So I gave him my ID and when he saw my age he said "Wow, I'm impressed!" I can't tell you how great that made me feel!
                      "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                        It's a Big Wheel Fisher Price Dodge Caliber 2007. With the Training wheels removed cuz I'm a big girl now!
                        Cool, I hear Fisher Price makes a good vehicle.

Does anyone else think that Jester is excited about his new relationship?
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I was gonna make a taking the training wheels off the girlfriend joke, but I'm only 28, so I think I should be nice.

My mom told me about something I said right after my husband died (I was still in shock, antisocial, and depressed, I also don't remember a lot of what happened in the first couple of weeks). Some lady that knew my mother vaguely decided to chat us up somewhere. Talk went to her reading the obituary in the paper, and then she started to go on and on and on about death, her relatives, etc. Apparently I had decided that I just didn't want to be there talking about this cause when she made the comment about me being widowed at such a young age, and asked my how old I was, instead of telling her I was 23, I told her that I was old enough to know she was a nosy old bat. Then I walked off.
                          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Format C View Post
                            "300 years old. I am the Highlander."
                            Huzzah! I'm older than you!
                            *closing in on 4,000 *at least*, but looks 25*
                            Note: That's mental age, then physical.
                            Last edited by Imogene; 03-20-2007, 02:34 AM. Reason: Clarificationizing.
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Apparently I now have the exact opposite problem of everyone else here.

When we went to Carls Jr this evening, I went to the counter to order my son's and my meal. As I was looking through my wallet, the employee asked if I qualified for the senior discount!

I looked up at him in utter shock. He turned rather pink and said, "Oh, I guess not. Sorry, it's near the end of my shift."

Yeah, he goofed, it's only human, I didn't go SC on him. Still, that was a bit of a blow to the ego. I'm only 38, fer cryin' out loud!
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Cesii View Post
                                You must be a natural then ...
                                Awww shucks! *blushes* Thanks!

I'm on the same side of the line as you XCashier... though I'm still too young to get anything like "do you have a senior's discount card," I have never once been asked for ID. Of course, I don't smoke or drink, but I've never been asked when getting into higher rated movies when I was younger either
                                I've been preparing myself for being mistaken to be 10-15 years older than I am for a while now, so hopefully I won't be too offended when it does happen
                                Re: Quiche.
                                Pie is manly.
                                Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
                                Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
                                So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

Working...
                                X