Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, Sweet Victory (yes, I got to tell her off)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, Sweet Victory (yes, I got to tell her off)

This woman pissed me off so badly tonight. Allow me to explain.

Beofre this happened, my shift had already been heading downhill. I was grumpy and tired of rednecks (they make up about 95% of our customers.) So this winner (and also a redneck) comes in around eight PM.

Me: Duh
    SC: Duh
    with a guest appearance by M: manager

SC: Do you have cream of shrimp soup?
    Me: Um...if we do it will be with the--
    SC: It's not always with the soup. Who would be the most knowledgable to ask? (strike one)
    Me: Let me ask the manager. (So, I walk over to him, and he's answering another customer's question. He sees me, and I stood there for about ten-twelve seconds until...)
    SC: (from across the store and with a snarl in her voice) Excuse me, SIR!
    M: (has to interrupt the customer he's already talking to to answer her) Yes?
    SC: Do you have cream of shrimp soup?
    M: Not that I know of, if we do it will be with the soup. (SC walks away.) What did you need, Mayberry?
    Me: Well, I was going to ask you that too, but I wasn't going to be a bitch about it.
    (back at the register, SuperBitch is checking out)
    SC: Next time, don't just stand there when you've got a customer waiting. They were just bull-shittin'...
    Me: Actually it's quite rude to interrupt, especially the owner of the store.
    SC: Actually, missy, it's not, not when you've got a PAYING CUSTOMER waiting, just say 'Excuse me,' and stop bullshitting around.
    Me: He was with another customer and as far as I'm concerned, you're no more important than he is. And it's never polite to interrupt someone in the middle of a sentence.
    SC: Stop bullshitting.
    Me: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    SC: You're a right bitch, aren't you?
    Me: I didn't interrupt the manager when he was with another customer, draw attention to myself by yelling across the store, and turn (counts co-workers stand there witnessing this) five employees against myself.
    SC: HMPH!

What's that smell?
    An SC that just got bbbbuuuurrrrnnnneeeeddddd.

And the best part - the manager didn't hear any of it because he had gone back to talking with the other customer. I love it.
    "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
    -FSTDT

I especially love the princess bride quote used.
    "this job would be great if it wasn't for the f@*#ing customers" - Randle Graves, Clerks

Comment

Quoth Miss Mayberry View Post
      Me: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
      Inconceivable!
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

[Singing] Ah, sweet victory in life, at last I've found you! [/Singing]
        Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
        - Robert E. Howard

Comment

Quoth ForestDragon View Post
          [Singing] Ah, sweet victory in life, at last I've found you! [/Singing]
          God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hate that song . . . my mom would come into my bedroom singing that just to get me out of bed - and she sounds like a cat left outside during a hailstorm.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
            Inconceivable!
            Damn! I wanted to say that!!!

Miss Mayberry, I bow down before you
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
              God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hate that song . . . my mom would come into my bedroom singing that just to get me out of bed - and she sounds like a cat left outside during a hailstorm.
              Ooops, sorry about that. I sympathize - my mother can't sing either. Unfortunately since she's my mother I'm not in the position of being able to tell her to STFU. Thank God she rarely tries to sing. If it's any consolation, I was actually sort of thinking about the end of Young Frankenstein...
              Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
              - Robert E. Howard

Comment

Thank you

Well done!
                ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

My mom couldn't (and can't) sing either (and I blame her for my lack of singing ability), but luckily she was mostly into classical music, which has no lyrics.

Sadly, she was also into musicals, and while "West Side Story" wasn't THAT horrible coming out of her mouth, Annie? Ugh. She was bad enough on her own, but with my mother (and occasionally sisters) singing along with her? Shoot me.

I still hate that annoying little red-headed orphan.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    I still hate that annoying little red-headed orphan.
                    But, Jester, The sun'll come out, tomorrow.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      I think if he hears that song again, his lunch will come up today.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                        This is the point where I share with you one of my New Girlfriend's favorite things to say to me:

"I hate you so very very much."

And people say I don't know what a healthy relationship is!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          That's okay, with my belief system, and a fangirl *waves at Toolbaby* I needed that balance.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            If you're gonna quote me, get it RIGHT, dangit.

It's "I hate you sometimes" (though "so very very much" works sometimes too. Especially on the damn all face up trick. I HATE that damn thing! )
                            "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                              Bet your bottom dollar, that...
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X