Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sucktomer is rude to me & calls to complain I was rude.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucktomer is rude to me & calls to complain I was rude.

I had a woman come in to make a payment on her card. I said hi and I think asked if she was making a payment. She said something, but I'm not even sure what, as either the walkie or someone's needing a key or something else (alway a million things at service desk) may have distracted me. If it did, I redirected my attention to her. I scanned her poayment slip as usual, not looking at the amount written because sometimes they go by that, but sometimes change the amount they want to pay when they get here. So when she handed me the $40, I asked, in order to clarify, "Forty dollars then?" She pointed to the $25 written on the slip and said nastily, "What does that say?" as if I were a naughty five-year-old. I must've had quite a look on my face, as the rudeness shocked me. I did manage to be composed as I handed her the change and made sure to wish her a good day, as I definitely didn't want to sink to her level. She did not respond to that and called the MOD later to complain that I was rude.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Geez. I would have just assumed you asked to confirm that I handed you two 20's instead of, say, a 20 and a 10.
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Really lady, are you so high blooded that evening having to use breath for the benefit of some lowly peon would immediately make your blood orange instead of blue?
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Not in retail, but at my job, my coworkers talk to me like that sometimes. It drives me up a wall, and it takes everything I have to not punch them in the face or say something just as catty back.

I hate when they point and say "Does this look like 5 to you?" or something so condenscending-like.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It's uncalled for on their part, either way.

blas -- Well, you COULD just look at the bill they gave you (assuming it's higher than a 5) and say "Yep! Looks like a 5 to me! Now, do you want to continue making a fool of yourself, or do you want me to make 100% sure that you'll be getting the correct change?"

As for the SC -- I have found that people with...unfortunate...personality flaws seem incapable of recognizing said flaws in themselves. I'm sure she was the Ultimate Customer when she made the complaint, all sweetness and light ~_~
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I find it is often the very rude customers that complain the loudest when somebody is supposedly rude to them. Keeping in mind that rude can equal no, or some other arbitrary thing they want..
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

That's usually when I say, "I'm sorry, I'm legally blind and sometimes it's hard to see small print like that. I like to confirm the transactions."

If they make a "tch" noise or something other in the realm of snobby disbelief, it's helpful to also say, loudly, "I'm sorry, could you speak up? I'm going slightly deaf too. I'd hate to get it wrong."

Comment

Quoth thedrunkenmonkey View Post
                That's usually when I say, "I'm sorry, I'm legally blind and sometimes it's hard to see small print like that. I like to confirm the transactions."

If they make a "tch" noise or something other in the realm of snobby disbelief, it's helpful to also say, loudly, "I'm sorry, could you speak up? I'm going slightly deaf too. I'd hate to get it wrong."
                That's bound to get a nasty harangue about how useless/incompetent/stupid the employee is, how they'd be fired in a minute if the SC were the boss, probably something vicious regarding disabled folks, etc. I honestly don't think there is any way to win with people like this. Just finish the transaction and get them the hell out of there.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

So you didn't respond to her childish behavior and remained polite. ... and she's complaining that YOU were rude?

what a bitchcunt

Comment

I get that too, but a lot of times a customer will not write on the slip HOW much they're paying and hand me say, $50. So I always ask HOW much they want to pay. I don't know whether you want to pay $20, or $50, which is why I ASK.

And don't get me started on teh one who only have their store charge and say they want to pay "whatever their balance is" and then get snippy and pissy when I politely tell them I don't have access to that info, but I'd be happy to call CS for them, and put THEM on the phone, as CS will not give me that information.

Comment

I do have access to it if they hand me a payment slip, which also has their name, address, and account number on it. That would be why I don't look at it, and why I didn't yesterday. I took several payments yesterday and no one else had any problem at all with me asking, or how I did it. I should just chalk it up to severe emotional issues on her part. There was an SC who yelled at 2 of my coworkers that she was unhappy with the remodel. I wonder if it was the same person?
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                      X