X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think was gonna happen? Produce edition

Pop quiz time, kids!

You're looking for help in the produce section, and you see an employee. Said employee is booking it to the back room doors carrying a plastic bag of something (or many somethings) that's leaking, with a 'please don't let this bag break' expression on their face. Do you:

A: Stand aside, and wait until the mess has been disposed of and the employee finds a clean(er) apron before approaching and asking for help.

B: Try to follow the employee into the back room. Think better of it as you see the big yellow pallet jack moving ponderously out of the doors they just went through. Wait politely out of harm's way, and ask the next person who comes by.

C: Block the employee's path, and when the mystery goo gets on your shoes, scream at them for daring to 'throw something' at you. Then get yelled at by the produce manager.

Some bright spark had simply tied up damaged/rotting/molding produce in a bag and left it since...I don't know when, just that it had clearly been there for a few days and it was NOT there when I did the damages yesterday. Someone probably just let the damaged stuff pile up until the bag was full and then chucked it in the cart for me to find.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

We all know the answer is C. *sigh*
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

This depends on if I'm shopping at my store or a competitor's. And on whether I brought any sharp pointy objects with me.
      Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

And why do they lie? You threw it at him? I don't think so. Let's run back the security tape and see who's right. Ugh.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

some people's egos cannot withstand the embarrassment of knowing they were the ones in the wrong.
          which is why they have to make up bullshit to try to get you in trouble

Comment

Working...
          X