This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For The Love Of God Put On A Shirt On

So we have this semi-regular couple who stay every few months with us. They are pretty low-key, they never want service and always leave a tidy checkout. The problem the guy and his wife act like they are on something 24-7. Two days ago I am told by the owner that they are here and don't need service.

I am cleaning rooms when he trundles up to the door shirtless. This guy is over 60, out of shape and covered in jail house tattoos. Not a pretty sight. He tells me they won't be needing service.

20 minutes later he comes to the door and says his wife is sleeping so they won't be needing service. Okay um heard ya the first time buddy. 10 minutes later guess who comes to the door? And guess who doesn't need service? If you guessed right you get a Kewpie doll.

Today I come into work to hear that another couple reported that they burnt microwavable popcorn in the microwave. I go to clean it and it is scorched brown, we have had guests burn popcorn before but never to the extent that the microwave is permanently marked. How hard is it to microwave popcorn?

Hope this made sense still recovering from a bad case of the stomach flu.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Maybe it's time to teach them the amazing powers of the "do not disturb" sign...

When I was in college we had a fire alarm late one night in my dorm because someone burned popcorn. Luckily (for them) it wasn't so late that most people weren't still up. Don't know if it scorched the microwave...that thing was so disgusting you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
      How hard is it to microwave popcorn?
      Pretty hard when you're a crackhead. Or if you're stupid.

I had one guest use the microwave in the lobby to warm up a cup of coffee. Sounds simple, right? Well, when you set the microwave on High for 5 minutes and then leave to go to the bathroom, you're going to make a mess.

The cheap hotel cup had melted by the second minute and coffee was dripping out of the bottom.

Some people don't know how to operate simple stuff.

Then again, some people are hopeless drug addicts.

Comment

My first job was at a smallish convenience store, no air-con, big surburban area. Temps can get above 40 degrees (Celsius, that's about 104 Fahrenheit ) easily in summer here, and humidity generally matches the temp in intensity. To put it simply, it gets HOT.
        Every year, starting about midway through spring, I'd start getting customers coming in with no shirt (the ladies might wear a skimpy bikini top but no more). Great opportunity for me to get to discreetly ogle the cute topless boys that came in But then you get the middle-aged to old beer bellied men, the men with a sunburn outline around the T-Shirt/Singlet area practically tattooed on, and so and and so forth. Not nice when the counter is at just the right height for them to practically rest their bellies on it while I scan their purchases.
        Re: Quiche.
        Pie is manly.
        Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
        Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
        So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

At the supermarket where I work, there's a rule in summer that all customers have to wear shirts and shoes, for higiene reasons. (Yes, I know that's spelt wrong, but I just had a brain fart and couldn't for the life of me remember how to spell it. XD) However, we relax the rule every time a cute guy comes in shirtless. Funny that.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Someone recently burned a cinnamon roll in one of the microwaves in our kitchen. Our office is about 50 feet away, both office and kitchen doors were closed, and the smoke was coming into our office. Destroyed the microwave (luckily we have 3) and the smell stuck around for 3 days. Now there are signs posted saying don't leave microwaves unattended.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Have ya ever noticed that the first person to start taking off their clothes is ALWAYS the last person that you want to see naked?

Comment

I dont mean to sound hypocritical, but the only men I want to see shirtless are thin or buff. No beer bellies or C cup men.

I wasn't picky like that at the gas station though. No one was allowed in the store shirtless (for long, anyways, if they walked in shirtless, I'd notice and bark at them to go put a shirt on). When they'd plead their case with me, I'd say "If I can't go topless in public, you can't either" (I had to watch who I said that around, I didn't want any nasty old pervs making comments about me topless or even trying to put the idea in their head).
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

You'd be surprised. Every so often, some idiot burns some in one of the microwaves at my job, and it stinks up half the floor, which is pretty bad considering the size of the building.

They even sent out a public nastygram over that same issue once, because supposedly it almost set off the fire alarms, which would have summoned the fire department, and forced an evacuation of the building.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

And then, five minutes later, he stuck his head out the door. "We don't need service today..." ?
                    I'm kinda horrified suddenly, wondering what he might've thought 'service' included?
                    "I'm sorry, sir, we don't have an on-site pimp for 'service..."
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

In school we had no less that 3 fire alarms from popcorn:

1. Student put popcorn in microwave for 8 minutes, stays in room with microwave, with the TV on so loud that she did not hear it stop.

2. Not sure the details, but the popcorn was burnt on Friday and the smell was still there on Sunday evening.

3. The popcorn was removed - flaming - from the microwave with 25 minutes left on the timer. This one was considered deliberate.

Comment

I live in a town that is about 1 mile from a lake. So in the summer we have people running around here without shirts and businesses have pretty much given up. People come from all over the state to our little grease-spot on the map, which generates more customers for local shops, so it's "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem!" Not that I mind. When it's 500 degrees in the shade in August, it's kind of nice to be able to just throw a 2-piece on and run all my errands (although I usually wear a towel around my waist. For some reason, it doesn't seem appropriate not to when I'm not physically at the lake).
                        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

It all depends on the brand of popcorn and the microwave. Everytime I use a new (or new to me) microwave, I usually either burn the first bag of popcorn, or it's underpopped, because I'm trying to learn the best time to set it for.

But that's just me.

The man of the household will deliberately burn his popcorn. Icky.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

1) Be sick and completely out of it.

2) Mash the buttons and THINK you're setting it for 2 minutes instead of the 20 you really did set it for.

3) Pass out for 40 minutes.

4) Voila! Instant burn marks in microwave, one fused ball of something, and smoke smell for an entire day for the family members to come back home and say, "What the hell is that smell?!"

And that is why you should never attempt popcorn or any sort of heating device when you're that sick.
                            "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                              They even sent out a public nastygram over that same issue once, because supposedly it almost set off the fire alarms, which would have summoned the fire department, and forced an evacuation of the building.
                              People in my building use the smoke detector as a kitchen timer.

Comment

Working...
                              X