This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty tame, but kinda cute, really!

Two stories, one from this week, the other from last year.

This week:
    SC: Screamy customer
    Me: Shiro!

I'm just minding my own bizness placing viennois rolls when i hear "COME HERE AND SHOW ME THIS!" No hi no boo no nuthin'. Onto the vachon cake display we go.

SC: (speaking very loudly at all times) "I saw here that it was on special 2 for 5$, so I grabbed the one next to it (Totally different cakes) and SHE charged me 3,29$!!!"
    Me: "Exactly sir."
    SC: "HUH??"
    Me: "It's the Jos Louis, the Ah Caramels and the Halfmoons that are on special. NOT the ladyfingers. It's written right here, see?"
    SC: (humbling up, grumbling) "gnmrrl... jos Louis.... grmmbl..." *Grabs a box of Jos Louis and splits, no byes of course.*

The last year story (ADORABLE!)
    SC: Sweet Customer. No clue, but sweet. Very old, very small lil piece of grandpa.
    Me: The artist currently known as Shiro

SC: Excuse me ma'am *holds up chicken kiev paper ad* Is this Chicago style pizza?
    Me: *looks* No sir, this is a picture of Chicken Kiev.
    SC: *looks at it, FLIPS IT TO THE ENGLISH SIDE* Is this Chicago style pizza?
    Me: *trying very hard not to laugh* No sir, it's the same thing but in english. I'll show you what you want. *walks him to the pizza fridge and shows him the Chicago style pizza.*
    SC: Is this Chicago style pizza?
    Me: Yes sir, it's written right here, Chicago (it's written as big as my forearm) and there's a pizza on the box.
    SC: But is it Chicago style pizza?
    Me: *thinking it's possible the old man doesn't know how to read* Yes sir, look, there's a big pizza in front. You can trust me, It's Chicago style pizza.
    SC: It's Chicago style pizza?
    Me: Yes sir, it's Chicago style pizza.
    SC: Okay then. It's REGULAR Chicago style pizza.
    Me: Yes sir, Regular.
    SC: Is this Chicago style pizza? *grabs a spinach topped CS pizza*
    Me: Yes, but it has spinach on it.
    SC: And this is regular Chicago Style pizza? *Grabs regular box*
    Me: Yes sir, this is regular.
    SC: Okay then, thank you. *leaves with regular box of Chicago style pizza, in case you missed it*

I'm sorry, but I couldn't get mad at the old man. The poor dear looked like the classic "My wife says I need to get this" type of customer and he was all tiny and with giant glasses...
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Is this a jelly donut?

*blinks at the old guy, grabs a pack of flash cards, holds up a cow* "What's this? If you said a pizza... well, what the hell's wrong with you?"

To the first guy... Um, sales don't work by proximity. No, the sign is HERE for a reason. You wouldn't go to your friend's house for the first time, find the house at 1444 Elm, and go to the house next door, thinking he'd be there. Unless, of course... he told you he'd be there... SIR! Did we tell you the sale was on the items near the sign?"
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      Is this a jelly donut?

*blinks at the old guy, grabs a pack of flash cards, holds up a cow* "What's this? If you said a pizza... well, what the hell's wrong with you?"

To the first guy... Um, sales don't work by proximity. No, the sign is HERE for a reason. You wouldn't go to your friend's house for the first time, find the house at 1444 Elm, and go to the house next door, thinking he'd be there. Unless, of course... he told you he'd be there... SIR! Did we tell you the sale was on the items near the sign?"
      We got a couple of those recently... reads the price on special, grabs a totally different item next to it, then gets mad that other item is no on special.
      Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Oh that was nice. Too bad i never got many people like that in the call center XD
        I got a Korean war veteran that said telemarketers scare him though ^_^

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          Is this a jelly donut?
          You wouldn't go to your friend's house for the first time, find the house at 1444 Elm, and go to the house next door, thinking he'd be there. Unless, of course... he told you he'd be there... SIR! Did we tell you the sale was on the items near the sign?"
          Well, unless maybe you were high, and looking for your friend to score some more weed....

At one point, I had an apartment in a converted house. The rear of the house, where my apartment was, was L-shaped, with me in the long arm of the L, and another apartment in the short arm. Our apartments shared a porch and entered from the porch, with our front doors at right angles to each other and about 10 feet apart. My neighbor was very sweet and ultra protective of me. He also was into pot, both consuming and dealing.

My boyfriend at the time lived 250 miles away, and we were driving back and forth on the weekends to see each other. This particular weekend, we were going to stay in our respective hometowns, but he decided at about 10 o'clock Friday night that he would drive up after all. We hadn't traded keys, and I didn't particularly feel like having to crawl out of bed at 3 in the morning to let him in. So when I went to bed around midnight, I left the front door unlocked.

About half an hour later, I was just dozing off, and someone walked across the porch. No biggie, I figured it was my neighbor or one of his "buddies". Until a shadow and footsteps went past my window, which my bed was directly against, and into my front door! I tried to reason that maybe my boyfriend had called from the road, but my caller ID had showed his home number. Meanwhile, footsteps are coming through my living room, then the kitchen, and finally a man is standing in the doorway to my bedroom. (The entire apartment was a walkthrough. You started at the living room, which led to the kitchen, which led to the first BR, which led to the second BR, which led to the bathroom. The bathroom was the only room in the whole house with a door.) I wasn't particularly concerned, since if I screamed, anyone in the apartment would come running in 1/2 a second, and I was in a very safe neighborhood in a small, safe town. I look at this guy, assessing him in the light from the street lamps, he looks back at me, and finally I say, "You're not [boyfriend's name]." And he says, "Errr, you're not, [neighbor's name]." I tell him neighbor is the other door off the porch, and that I was going to let him see himself out, as I wasn't dressed for company. He left, I went back to sleep, and when my boyfriend did show up at 3:00 as estimated, we had a good laugh.
          Zee website has been *UPDATED*

Comment

Working...
          X