X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 1: The Omen

So it begins....

Tech Support

Caller explained that his computer was making "too much noise" so he "pulled out some cables" and now the computer doesn't work. That's right, he unplugged the computer and now he doesn't know why it won't turn on. I mean I can accept that some people aren't computer literate but this is a pretty basic rule we're violating here. If its not plugged in its not going to turn on. Electric things need....GASP! Electricity!

So somehow I can't help but think there are bigger issues in his life that this guy needs to be addressing first. You know, like learning how to walk upright.

Vending...

SC: "Is this <Company> Vending?"
    Me: "This is their paging service, yes."
    SC: "Dating service?"
    Me: "…no, paging service."

Yes, that’s right, we make date vending machines. You'll need a *lot* of quarters though and God help you if she gets stuck because its really hard to jar them loose (Especially if they see what your stupid ass looks like through the glass.)

Oh, and please wait till you get home before you take the wrapper off.

Make My Day

Me: "and your phone number?"
    SC: "…uh….."

Ah yes, my favourite response to that question. The very moment I ask a question and the response is a sudden slackening of the jaw, a vacant stare and a confused, muted howl of complete unknowing. I assure you that moment is total bliss for me. No, really. The only way you could make this exquisite period of my time any better is by following this up with at least 30 seconds of dead silence while you struggle to absorb and understand my inquiry. If you resort to asking someone else in the background that would just totally make my day.

The Legend of Bob

Me: "What software are you using??"
    SC: "Um, hang on. HEY BOB WHAT SOFTWARE DO WE RUN?!"
    Me: "…."
    SC: "<softwarename>."
    SC: "Er, hang on. HEY BOB WHATS OUR NUMBER HERE?!"
    Me: "….."

Hey! Here's an idea, monkey boy: Why don't you give Bob the phone. He seems far more qualified to operate such a complex device then you are. Plus it seems like he actually has some concept of where he is and what he's doing. In fact I demand you put Bob on the phone. That man has information! Valuable information! I bet he knows where my socks are. Quick! Put him on the line! I MUST SPEAK WITH THIS ORACLE YOU CALL BOB.

Me: "and your phone number?" (Is this question cursed tonight or something?)
    SC: "Uh, I don't have a phone."
    Me: "Is there ANY number you can be reached at?"
    SC: "I have a cell phone."

You know, and maybe I'm wrong here, but doesn't that mean you do in fact have a phone? The very words "I have a cell phone" seem to imply ownership of a telecommunications device. Unless this some sort of bizarre non-possessive relationship you have with the cell phone. So its not like "I have a" as in "I own" but more like "I have a" as in "I'm in a relationship with." Like "I have a girlfriend.". So I guess I can understand why you were not willing to divulge such information to me to begin with. I mean, one does not merely lend out their significant other (At least not without an Internet ad and/or possible exchange of cash) so I suppose your reluctance is a given.

Thus I apologize for what to you, must have been a brazen proposition on my part. I wish you and your battery operated lover a long and happy life.

( I managed to avoid a "vibrate" joke but only just )

Movements

Caller shared with me far far more detail about her bowel movements then I have ever wanted to hear from anyone. The intial batch of information proved to be insufficient so she called back to give me more (What have I done Lord? Why must I suffer?). That too proved to be insufficient so she called back to give me yet MORE information on her bowel movements or lack there of. Please, please make it stop. She did assure me that "Gravekeeper" was a beautiful name though. Which moved the call from the sphere of "grotesquely unpleasant" to "disturbingly creepy".

Let me tell you nothing takes the fun out of a conversation like the word "enema".

Oh hey she called back a 4th time. That seals it, there is no God.

and the week is only just beginning.....

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

SC: "…uh….."
    In case anyone is keeping score, you know what happens to gravekeeper's customers when he's done with them? They call me. I work for a farking wireless phone company, and you'd think people would at least be prepared for that question when they call me. But you would be wrong.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I've been guilty of the "Uhh" when they ask for my phone number, but only because my phone number and my social sercurity number both start with the same 3 digits. Sometmes I have to sort them out for a second

Comment

When I moved down here to Texas, I had to learn a new phone number. Now, I picked it up pretty quickly. However, when Mom and I go out and someone asks her for the phone number, she always has to check it with me, cause she just can't remember it. And she's been down here longer.
        Last edited by Imogene; 03-22-2007, 03:49 PM. Reason: Extra sentence
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Electric things need....GASP! Electricity!
          What is this electricity of which you speak?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My favourite incident with phone numbers was when I went to her eye doctor's appointment with my mom. She had to get glasses, gets that all set up and ready to go, and the guy says, "Okay they'll be ready in [insert whatever time here], and we'll call you at 123-4567." My mom nods and say great while I gently interject and say, "That's not right, her number is 123-5567." She's had that number for about eight years now.
            "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

Yes, but as my ex-husband keeps pointing out every time I snicker at him for not knowing his own phone number, how often does one call one's SELF
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                Yes, but as my ex-husband keeps pointing out every time I snicker at him for not knowing his own phone number, how often does one call one's SELF
                :: shrug:: I memorize everyone's numbers in case there is an emergency and for some reason I'm nowhere near my cell or the its battery dies.
                "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

seriously you need to publish a book or something, this is truly classic stuff, and makes my day all the better
                  History repeats, the names and dates change, but its always the same old story.

Comment

I mean, one does not merely lend out their significant other (At least not without an Internet ad and/or possible exchange of cash).....
                    Not entirely true, my friend, not entirely true.

As I know only too well from my experience the last three years of having been the pool party DJ for the swingers convention when they come to town.

I do hope that details won't be necessary here. I am sure most of the CSers can use their own imagination to understand my meaning.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Pool party... Swingers?
                      *tries to put the two terms together*
                      All I can come up with is people on an aluminum swingset dangerously close to the pool, and jumping off at the apex of the swing...
                      /not really
                      //maybe
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Movements

Caller shared with me far far more detail about her bowel movements then I have ever wanted to hear from anyone.

*snip*

At least there wasn't a call during one, I hope.
                        ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                          At least there wasn't a call during one, I hope.
                          No, no there wasn't. However, it wasn't for lack of trying during the call on her part.

(sobs quietly in the corner)

Comment

I MUST SPEAK WITH THIS ORACLE YOU CALL BOB.

While you're talking to Bob remember to ask him of heaven and hell, and if there is a God. Oh, and find out his address, maybe he can do my geometry homework for me.
                            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

(What have I done Lord? Why must I suffer?). That too proved to be insufficient so she called back to give me yet MORE information on her bowel movements or lack there of. Please, please make it stop. She did assure me that "Gravekeeper" was a beautiful name though. Which moved the call from the sphere of "grotesquely unpleasant" to "disturbingly creepy".

Let me tell you nothing takes the fun out of a conversation like the word "enema".

It must have been a full moon...
                              Actually those 867 people must be living under a full moon all the time...
                              ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                              Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X