This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Your uniform is ugly!"

Had an SC this week, an older, well spoken lady going to Marrakesh. She looked at my uniform and said 'Gosh, what a shame, what awful uniforms, they obviously don't want you girls to look attractive!'

She then prattled on for ages about how she used to work for BOAC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British...ys_Corporation) back in the day and how being an air hostess was such a glamourous job
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Well it's better than wearing uniforms covered in dried dough and flour and being mistaken for a boy half the time.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Ok, sorry about going off on a juvenile tangent, but do you have passengers try to join the mile-high club? And what happens if you do? You can't exactly kick them off. Well, I suppose you could but then you would probably go to prison.
      Last edited by Kara; 03-22-2007, 06:52 PM.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Yes, what do you do. Inquiring minds want to know!

Comment

"Yes, well, you know, miss, wearing latex or corduroy body suits with miniskirts was hurting morale, not to mention heavily against the feminist movement. So, back in the sixties, women got liberated, and were allowed to wear the same things men were. And let me tell you, it saves my ass from feeling like a pincushion after a particularly long shift. I must say, congratulations on living long enough to remember when women were forced to wear that sort of thing."
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Tell her you agree that the uniform is ugly. But her face/body is less than pleasing to behold either. Then remind her that you can change at the end of your shift.

Comment

Well, there was a time when airline pilots and stewardesses WERE looked at in almost a celebrity fashion. She apparently was in the job back then.

I remember when I was a kid (back in the 70's) people would still awe a bit when someone in a airline uniform would walk through.
              "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
              HellGate: London

Comment

I did a paper on the history off fashion.... and there are entire books devoted to the uniforms of airhostesses.... even today the uniforms are still considered very very important (which im sure you know katie)

there was one american company, where girls were photographed at interviews.... their legs and face only....

I googled the uniforms of boac and they were cute
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

:snorts: That woman has to see the crap I have to wear. Well, they're not bad in and of themselves, but altogether it looks bad and I can't keep my apron clean for any length of time.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

:rummaging:
                    Hmm. I am sure I have a big stick around here somewhere.
                    ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                    Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

This ladies and gents, is a classic case of: Filter-itis.

Either the patient had overused the brain filter that sane people have that would stop such a thought from forming words and being uttered out loud, and now said filter has big holes in it

or...

they were unfortunate enough to be born without said filter. All thoughts spew right from brain and out of mouth without any editing from help of filter. Sort of like a big water slide at a park rushing down and out into the common pool.

Or to simplify it all - RUDE.
                      If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

Working...
                      X