This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your empty threats don't bother me.

Customer: Hey, I was out in the barn when the technician called. Then he said he wasn’t coming since I didn’t pick up the phone.
    Me: OK, let me see if he’ll return to your house today, sir. (most of the time, they won't. You miss the call, too bad. I got this tech to go out & check out how he treats me.)
    Customer: OK.
    Me: Yes, he’ll return.
    Customer: What time?
    Me: I have no way of knowing.
    Customer: Well, if I’m standing in compost, he can just wait!
    Me: I’m not sure how he’ll handle that, sir.
    Customer: I do. I’ll go to satellite!

Whoo freakin' hoo. GO. I just basically let him just hang up after that. I wasn't going to try to salvage Mr. Attitude.
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

lol. Why do they think that's actually a threat? Seriously, the company has millions of other customers. One person isn't going to make the company sweat. Well, unless it's a little mom and pop.

Comment

Yeah, my company is very large. We're not going to sweat it by losing his attitudey ass. Ooh, a new adjective. ATTITUDEY. I'm such the scholar.

Comment

I'm guessing this guy was a farmer or some type person. I've talked to farmers about stuf flike that, i used to co-ordinate diliveries and they wouldn't wind waiting around for a while, so long as your tech called before he got to the house. The guys usually had some a child, wife, parent atationed in the house. I woner whT he'll do if he's not there wnen a stalite tech shows up / Probably go back to Phone Jockey. <weeps for PJ>

Comment

Has he considered a cordless phone? Cell phone (with silly earpiece)? Smoke signals?

:shrugs:
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine
            Has he considered a cordless phone? Cell phone (with silly earpiece)? Smoke signals?
            I seriously doubt it. I just love empty threats, don't you?

Comment

This guy was probably standing in compost because it all fell out of his head! What an idiot. Or more accurately, an eedjit. You have to be REALLY sucky to be an eedjit, and Mr. Attitude made the cut.

Comment

I happen to deal with horse crap for a portion of my day, and gee, we have a phone line out to the barn. I also have a freaking cell phone that one can keep in one's back pocket even while wielding a shovel.

Good lord, not that difficult.

Comment

Satellite -- cable TV's "everywhere else." The place where the technicians are always on time, there's never a problem, any channel can be added by "pressing a few buttons," and they don't care if the customer pays the bill or not.
                  I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine
                    How about a working brain?

Also, aren't the customers usually notified what time the tech will be by? If so, and he was notified, what the sam hill was he doing mucking about (pun fully intended!) in that time frame?! Doing dishes / laundry / other indoor chores, sure, but not out in the Back Forty.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

You know, I just realized something. We're expecting this person to use LOGIC. What could we be thinking????
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth TNT
                        Satellite -- cable TV's "everywhere else." The place where the technicians are always on time, there's never a problem, any channel can be added by "pressing a few buttons," and they don't care if the customer pays the bill or not.
                        Thank you! I daresay it works the other way for Satellite or Dish too. Gotta love it.

Comment

Quoth TNT

Which hilarious because what I hear 50 times a day is "Now, I know why everyone is switching back to cable!"

Comment

Funny, I hear every day "Well, I'm going to go to Satellite because I'll get better service."

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey
                              Thank you! I daresay it works the other way for Satellite or Dish too. Gotta love it.
                              True. I have the dubious distinction of having spend several years of my misspent youth working for two satellite companies.
                              I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
                              X