This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 2: Beyond all Expectations

I encountered one of THE stupidest callers I have ever had last night...<twitch>

I can hear you~

Me: "<company name>"
    SC: "(rummaging in background)"
    Me: "Hello?
    SC: "….."
    Me: "Hello?"

I know you're there, I can hear you failing at life.

Me: "and what colour would you like?"
    SC: "Uh…er…."

Look, it only comes in 2 colours. So you have a 50/50 shot at this. Its either black like the darkness that is your future or brown like….er…ok, never mind, I see the problem. Nunavut, right? Ok, here's what you want to do: Grab a shovel or something you can at least sort of shovel with (like an old beer cooler or the water tank off that toilet in the back yard.) now head outside to the front lawn. Carefully avoid the old car engines, beer cans, radiators and your uncle (You might want to turn him on his side, btw) and find an open spot. Now start digging in the snow. Keep digging downwards until the ground changes colour. See that? That's brown. Now, please, make your selection.

Oh. My. God.

Sweet baby Jesus in line at McDonald's with a coupon for a Big Mac on Easter Sunday. Just when I thought I had seen and heard the stupidest people this planet had to offer someone comes along and shatters all my expectations:

Me: "<Company name>."
    SC: "Yeah, I'd like to place an order."
    Me: "Ok, what's your name?"
    SC: "Blah Blah."
    Me: "Last name?"
    SC: "Blah Blah Crow."
    Me: "C-R-O-W?"
    SC: "Huh? C-R-W……E-R…."
    Me: "Um?"
    SC: "W…..uh, I mean O-W."
    Me: "Crow, as in the bird?"
    SC: "Yeah."

Me: "and your postal code?"
    SC: "JOM xxx, box xx."
    Me: "What was that again?"
    SC: "G0M xxx"
    Me: "G or J?"
    SC: "J0M"
    Me: "J0M?"
    SC: "Yeah"

(That comes up as St Jean's….)

Me: "St Jean's?"
    SC: "Huh?"
    Me: "Are you in St Jean's?"
    SC: "Wha?"
    Me: "What city are you in?"
    SC: "Quebec, the province of Quebec."
    Me: "No what city?"
    SC: "The province of Quebec."
    Me: "What city are you in?"
    SC: "(mumbles something)."
    Me: "The town was called what again?"
    SC: "The province of Quebec."
    Me: "The town, what's the town called?"
    SC: "<town name>."
    Me: "and that's G0M xxx?"
    SC: "Yeah."
    Me: "That’s not what comes up when I enter that postal code."
    SC: "Wha…wha would you like it in? I wan…I wanna repeat my address again, ok?" (….!?)
    Me: "Ok."
    SC: "Qu…Quebec. Post office xx. Box xx….C0M xxx…"
    Me: "C0M?"
    SC: "J0M."
    Me: "………"
    SC: "…….."
    Me: "Do you mean G as in George?"
    SC: "Yes…..no! That's J. J as in John."
    Me: "J0M?"
    SC: "C0M."
    Me: "……."
    SC: "……..<click>" (Yes, that’s right, he just hung up.)

What. The. Hell. I wasn't aware any part of the current human gene pool was THAT shallow. That wasn't even deep enough to moisten the back of a POSTAGE STAMP. I didn't know this level of stupidity actually existed. This is uncharted territory. I am a God damn pioneer. This kind of stupidity has eluded researchers for ages by hiding out in the backwoods of Quebec. This is like the Sasquatch of half wits and I have freakin' discovered it. I am the Isaac Newton of idiocy and the retard apple has just fallen on my head.

Now I have to publish my findings in a scientific journal. I will garner fame and fortune in the scientific community, oh yes.

Monkeys Rule

Caller explained that her faucet would not turned off. Caller called back a bit later to add that the security guard had come and tried to turn the faucet off, and in his genius, had broken the faucet entirely off. Further proof that any situation can be made more entertaining by the addition of a monkey.

Espionage

SC: "What was the name of it again?"
    Me: "The <name> Inn. Would you like the phone number?"
    SC: "No, I think I can get it."

You think you can get it? Considering as I just offered it to you I'd wager to say this is the most convenient method of obtaining the information. Do you feel that me simply giving you the number isn't enough of a challenge? Did you perhaps want to relish the hunt? Or do you have some more….how should I say? Clandestine method of obtaining it I'm unaware of?

Perhaps you are, in fact, a super spy or some sort of psychic gypsy? Do you have ninjas at your disposal maybe? Because if I'm about to be set upon by ninjas let me tell you I will *not* be impressed, young man. Its bad enough I have to talk to you, never mind having my neck snapped by some guy hanging upside from the ceiling.

Work week's half over.....

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    I know you're there, I can hear you failing at life.
    Too bad you couldn't get an address so you could grab some popcorn and watch.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

XD I remember those days when I was a telemarketer. I used to get calls like that ^_^ Those were the days I never want to return to

Comment

Those tid bits made me laugh so hard I caused a scene in my cube.

Thank you. And I am so, so sorry.
        Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Um... ....... ...........!!!!!!!!!!!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I867

Me: "and what colour would you like?"
            SC: "Uh…er…."

Look, it only comes in 2 colours. So you have a 50/50 shot at this. Its either black like the darkness that is your future or brown like….er…ok, never mind, I see the problem. Nunavut, right? Ok, here's what you want to do: Grab a shovel or something you can at least sort of shovel with (like an old beer cooler or the water tank off that toilet in the back yard.) now head outside to the front lawn. Carefully avoid the old car engines, beer cans, radiators and your uncle (You might want to turn him on his side, btw) and find an open spot. Now start digging in the snow. Keep digging downwards until the ground changes colour. See that? That's brown. Now, please, make your selection.
            I get this call in a different form. Most phones we carry are only in 1 color, once in awhile we get one that may have 2 different colors, but not often This is an combination of various calls I've had on the subject.

ME: And that phone has blah blah features and would be $XX.XX.
            SC: What color is it?
            ME: It's only available in 1 color, and that's (usually grey, black, or white).
            SC: Oh. Can I get it in blue?
            ME: ...No.
            SC: What about red? Do you have a red one?
            ME: Unfortunately it's only available in 1 style.
            SC: Well that's stupid. Why is that?
            ME: Because the manufacturer only made it in 1 style.
            SC: Well, (Competitor) has a different color.
            ME: And we have this one.
            SC: Well that's stupid.
            ME: You can buy carrying cases in a wide variety of colors.
            SC: Your company SUCKS!
            ME:
            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

867 people crack me up....
              ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
              Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Cesii View Post

867 people crack me up....
                I think 867 people are just cracked...
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Do you have ninjas at your disposal maybe? Because if I'm about to be set upon by ninjas let me tell you I will *not* be impressed, young man. Its bad enough I have to talk to you, never mind having my neck snapped by some guy hanging upside from the ceiling.

Y'know, come to think of it, I would be impressed if some moron had the ability to send a team of Asians in footie pajamas to my place of work. I'd just offer them chocolate, or a vending machine chock full of used undies as a distraction, but still. I can't even get my boyfriend to wear the costume he ASKED ME TO MAKE!

Comment

Off topic but ...

My husband's nickname is "Ninja". My hubby has this incredible power to completely blend in with his surroundings. How can a 5 foot 10 inch, 430 pound man who wears a lot of dark colors just disappear?

Comment

Grave, on behalf of the entire province of Quebec, I profusely apologize for the stupidity to which you were subjected. The only excuse I can offer is that they grow excellent weed in St. Jean...
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                        Grave, on behalf of the entire province of Quebec, I profusely apologize for the stupidity to which you were subjected. The only excuse I can offer is that they grow excellent weed in St. Jean...
                        And they sell it here in Gaspé!
                        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I live in BC.....we really don't need to be importing weed. -.-

Comment

I encountered one of THE stupidest callers I have ever had last night...

Just when I thought I had seen and heard the stupidest people this planet had to offer someone comes along and shatters all my expectations...

I wasn't aware any part of the current human gene pool was THAT shallow.

I didn't know this level of stupidity actually existed...
                            The fact that YOU of all people are saying these things? You who have seen the dumbest of the dumbest of the dumb.

Too freakin' scary!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                            X