X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 3: You Want Me to What?

Ahh...friday night....

Ambush

I was asked for change IN 7/11 tonight. But he had to try and stay hidden from the clerks lest he be removed. So he was sort of cowering down behind the Doritos, waiting to strike like some sort of nacho flavoured change bandit. He caught me off guard too. Even my vast, superior intellect could not foresee an attack from the Doritos. I shall not be so foolish next time…..next time I shall watch that deliciously cheesy bastion like a hawk.

Employment

SC: "Yeah, hi, I was looking at yer website…"

No good EVER comes from that line. EVER. That line is a prelude to stupidity. The next words out of your mouth will annoy me, I just know it.

SC: "I can't find how to apply fer a job"

Ah ha! See?! The only people looking around for employment at 3am are advertising completely different services then I'm sure you're willing to provide. So unless you look kinda cute in a skirt and can suppress your gag reflex I think you should wait till the morning. ( Oh…that was mean. )

Classy
    ( Reservation line for a restaurant that closes at 10pm. She's calling at like 3:30 )

According to a girl who call's herself "Stripper", I am a dick for not knowing if her cell phone is still in the bathroom at the restaurant. Right-o, Stripper.

SC "Can you extend the thing?"

….um….this doesn't really sound like my area of expertise….but, er, good luck with that? If you like I can connect you with that guy that was looking for a job. Maybe you two can work something out.

What?

Me: "and your phone number?"
    SC: "xxx Gilford Street"

Strange….its like I pitched you a baseball and you tried to hit it with a golf club. I guess I have to commend your effort, yet ultimately you still fail.

Er..?

SC: "Yeah, I was interested in yer roofing and <mumble mumble> materials."
    Me: "I'm sorry, what was that?"
    SC: "New York!"

…..what? What in the world did I miss there amongst your mumbling? "New York" is rather…cryptic. I feel like I've missed out on something. Now I'm disappointed. I guess I'll never know what wonders it was you spoke of when you mumbled under your breath like a drug addled hobo. Clearly I have missed the chance to partake of the tree of knowledge.

One more day....

I envision you saying "867!" and shaking your fist at the sky. You poor poor soul.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

Employment

SC: "Yeah, hi, I was looking at yer website…"

No good EVER comes from that line. EVER. That line is a prelude to stupidity. The next words out of your mouth will annoy me, I just know it.

SC: "I can't find how to apply fer a job"
      This is how most companies operate their first round of eliminating potential applicants. Try something simpler for starters, like ambushing people in 7/11....
      -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
      -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Sorta OT, but everytime I see 867, I start humming...

Hope you don't get a call from any Jennys from 867. That'd be too much...
        Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Gravekeeper, I think I found something that belongs to you:

ME: The number to send in the fax is 18-
          SC: Ok, 8?
          ME: Yes, 18-
          SC: Hold on. 8? 8? 8? 8? 8? 8? 8? (say each one to yourself as "Eeeeiiiight?" like you kind of remember it means something but can't quite recall what).
          ME: .... (please hurry, we still have more numbers to go over and I only work 10 hours)
          SC: Ok, got it.
          ME: *provides fax info* Also, be sure to include my supervisor's name. I'll spell it for you. B-
          SC: D?
          ME: B, like boy.
          SC: Ok, D.
          ME: No, B. B.
          SC: Oh, sorry. V.
          ME: No, B! B, like boy, or boat (or brain damage).
          SC: Ok, V.
          ME:

Please come pick up your customer at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Me: "and your phone number?"
            SC: "xxx Gilford Street"
            How would you dial that?

Every time I see the heading '867' I brace myself...

And Kara...B like Doy? or Voy? Or Dain Bramage?
            (Of course if you said Brain Damage they'd only hear the second word...ok, "D"!!)
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Holy french-fried crap on a stick!

Ok, my shift just ended, I'm officially on vacation, but I had to stop by the break room and post this. It can't wait til I get home.

I got the fax from the guy above. On the cover sheet is his info, my name and ID, and he also wrote (I am so not making this up):

Supervisor: Drian

I don't know whether to or

Thank God for vacation.
              Last edited by Kara; 03-25-2007, 07:24 AM.
              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                Ambush

I was asked for change IN 7/11 tonight. But he had to try and stay hidden from the clerks lest he be removed. So he was sort of cowering down behind the Doritos, waiting to strike like some sort of nacho flavoured change bandit. He caught me off guard too. Even my vast, superior intellect could not foresee an attack from the Doritos. I shall not be so foolish next time…..next time I shall watch that deliciously cheesy bastion like a hawk.
                Wait til the crackwhore in the Fritos sees you.

Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                  Holy french-fried crap on a stick!
                  Supervisor: Drian

Thank God I'm for vacation.

And have a great time on vacation!
                  "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

Working...
                  X