This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Guest of the Sunday Morning Meeting.. The SC

We were typically having our morning meeting as usual until some guy comes in the store, walks up to the manager who is running the meeting, and says he's in a hurry and needs to get more camping supplies. My Manager told him that we are not open yet and he gets all huffy and waits at the vestibule. After we opened I was lucky enough to have the same guy at my till.

Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

It kills me the way customers will just ignore the closed sign and barge right in! I had some do that yesterday. We had just closed up after a long busy day, and at about 2:10, about five people just walked in! Have half of the people in this country gone illiterate?

Comment

We constantly have people walking in when we're still having our morning meeting. Then they look around like they can't for the life of them figure out what the heck is going on. I'm sorry, but there is nothing at my store that you need so badly you can't wait two minutes until we're actually open for business.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

At 4am one Sunday morning we closed up for an hour to get everyone out & clean up. There were too many fights (between drunk customers) that night (5 total) and the managers were concerned about our safety. We blocked off the entrance to the place with those retractable thingies, they remind me of seat belts but I don't know their name, lol. Most of the lights are off and the entire staff is having a 'huddle' in front of the line of registers. Some random guy walks in and the manager tells him we're closed. He keeps walking in. The manager (fairly intimidating guy) walks towards him. "We're closed." He left pretty quickly.
        Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
        Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
        <3 Arrested Development

Comment

Tensabarrier?

www.tensabarrier.com

[/uselesstrivia]

I wonder how these people got through High School. I understood that one required certain language skills to pass the assesment or whatever you do in the states.
          I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

Quoth jb17kx View Post
            I wonder how these people got through High School. I understood that one required certain language skills to pass the assesment or whatever you do in the states.
            Nah, this is America, land of the politically correct. Just because you can't read doesn't mean you can't graduate from high school. Just because you can't read, write, or speak English doesn't mean you can't get a driver's lisence (even though all the signs are in English).

Besides, why do we nee to read when we have so many companies out there willing to spoon feed us?
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Even though the grocery store I used to work at opened at 6am, the am employees began arriving at 5:15 or 5:30am depending on the department they worked in. The front automatic doors were shut off but not locked to allow us pee-ons to enter the store. Invariable some asshat customer enters the store, goes about his business and stands at their favorite check out station even though there is no cashier there, or even a hint of a light on at the numbered check-out stations. I used to delight at telling them at 5:45 the the tills don't open until 6.

Damn it feels good too. This was one of the very few advantages of having a frugal owner comes into play. Absolutely no early clock-ins means that the asshat has to wait until 6.
              This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Working...
              X