This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I'm purposely withholding food

This just happened. It's a little after 1:00. A woman ordered a hot dog, so I checked the temp. They are degrees away from being able to be sold. I let her know & her response was a huffy "I don't know why you do this to people on their break." So I'm doing this purposely?? I responded that I'm "bound by the law..." and she said "This always seems to happen on your shift." Let me interject here that I'm not even usually back here anymore, and this happens on any shift. We can't control it beyond getting them on there in a timely manner and setting the controls on the machine. I told her that I had put them on at noon when I got there, and then she was all nice. Whatever.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

yeah like you purposefully planned it to fuck her over.

and if it really DID happen on your shift all that would REALLY mean is that you were cooking fresh food up vs selling ages-old crap.

Comment

If she's that desparate give her one now, can's keep her highness waiting. After all, it isn't your fault she ends up with food poisoning?

Wait, I forgot where I was!

Comment

^ I love you all.

Comment

Next time tell her maybe if she sticks it up her butt it will warm up it those last few degrees...?

Comment

Quoth computeraide View Post
            Next time tell her maybe if she sticks it up her butt it will warm up it those last few degrees...?
            depends on which level of hell her rectum is a portal to . at the very center it's frozen - well if you can believe Dante that is.

Comment

You could hand her a raw one and say, "There ya go; don't have to wait at all!"

Wouldn't it be great if you could actually say stuff like that ...

Comment

Well, hot dogs aren't really raw anyway. I used to eat them right out of the package when I was a kid. They're smoked, and they're edible, but they taste much better when they're grilled. I'm guessing the law says they have to be a certain temp just to CYA.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

AHAHAHAHAHA Best. Line. Ever.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    Well, hot dogs aren't really raw anyway. I used to eat them right out of the package when I was a kid. They're smoked, and they're edible, but they taste much better when they're grilled. I'm guessing the law says they have to be a certain temp just to CYA.
                    Exactly. They are cooked, but they can still be hazardous until they reach a certain temperature again. (140 degrees-F at my store.) At that temp, all dangerous bacteria that may have found a nest after the cooking process and while it was being frozen will certainly have been killed off.

I know at my store (since we have microwaves available for patrons to use) some people don't want to wait, will take one and just pop it into the microwave for a couple seconds to bump it those last couple of degrees, and be content.

However, if there is no microwave, this is not possible and she should either request they have hot dogs down in time for her break earlier in the morning when she arrives, or STFU.

(For the nice regulars we will put down some of their favorites to make sure they are cooked and ready to go when they come in for lunch. Only the nice ones though.)
                    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

We don't know what happened between the supplier and us. Our county says certain items need to be heated to 165°F before being handed to the customer. We keep a record of every batch we make, temp every single batch, and store the record for several years. My regulars know it's the law; I've told them it is. The last time we were missing a temp on the record when the county health inspector came in, she told me straight out that she could shut us down if she wanted. My boss at the time actually argued with me. I'm just sick of being argued with over hot dogs.

Comment

If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself?

Don't jerk me around! It's a simple question!
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself?
                          Do you wish you were an Oscar Meyer wiener?
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                          X