Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've just been to church-NOW you can be mean & nasty again for another week

It always seemed to me that customers on Sunday mornings are more vile than usual simply because they've gone to church. Too many people feel that just because they've gone to church for an hour or so that they now start off with a "clean slate" for the entire week & can do what they please with little regard for anyone.
    So the 1st half of the day on Sundays at Wal-Mart it's pretty peacefull. That is UNTIL after church lets out & here they come in their Sunday best filled with who knows what...lol. That's when it gets interesting & you see people get nasty for no good reason & they've just been to church!
    The cashiers look at each other like this---->

I had a gal call one time all upset about some stupid problem with her phone. And the whole call she's all . Then she says "Just hurry the (F-bomb) up! I'm late for church!"
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I can well understand . . . grocery stores see their fair share of hypocritical behavior as well. Sadly, some of these folks don't see that it gives all churchgoers a bad reputation.

A classic case of a few bad apples spoiling the barrel.

As a Mod note: we've seen so many similar threads go bad, so please let's all keep it civil. It's going good right now, but nevertheless I don't think we want to see ourselves get lumped into the bad barrel category.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

i know over here in the uk a lot of pub bar/kitchen staff hate working sunday luchtimes because after church everyone heads out for a meal. so you get quiet, then packed then quiet again whereas other days it's at least reasonably steady

Comment

I have heard it said that if we were all perfect, we would not need to go to church. Church is not for the ones who are perfect, it's for the ones who want to be.
          Something like that.
          Clearly, some people need more 'perfecting' than others.
          I no longer fear HELL.
          I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
            I had a gal call one time all upset about some stupid problem with her phone. And the whole call she's all . Then she says "Just hurry the (F-bomb) up! I'm late for church!"
            Ask her "What church?" and write to their pastor and explain why you don't plan on attending.
            Op.125

Comment

I always thought it was funny at BK around 11-12 Sunday's when you would get the people in suits and nice clothes. And often they were nasty people too.

Comment

Oh God (no pun intended), I remember BOTH restaurants Sunday mornings. I would have given my left nipple to NEVER have had to ever work a Sunday morning shift. At the old person restaurant, well, most old people are cheap anyways, but you knew, as they came fresh from giving their offering to church, it automatically exempted them from tipping more than a dollar.

At the truck stop type restaurant, we'd get some rowdy church family crowds, but most of the time, since we attracted mostly nasty people, they'd be people who were way too hung over or coming off of an extreme high or mushroom trip. And boy were they EVER cranky on Sunday mornings and hardly ever tipped at all. They'd sit there for hours drinking pot after pot of coffee and smoke pack after pack of cigarettes, when those tables could have been turned over several times, and leave no tip.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I am with the lay leadership of my church (Unitarian Universalist) and I remember once a few of us were going to go out for coffee and yummy snacks and discuss our budget.

Anyway we get there and one of the newer members was a complete jerk to the waitstaff. So we told her to go up and apologize and left a big tip. She was really mean about having to do it too, but all of us are like "WTF?! What did that person EVER do to you that could even REMOTELY justify that behavior?"

About three weeks after that she left and never came back. Which is a shame, because I think what someone said above is right: Church is for those who are not perfect and need help. And that woman could have benefited by listening to the minister rather then just mouthing the words.

However, those guys at the store (a wonderful little local place in town within walking distance) love of us! So we're like "hell yeah!" -- sorry for the bad little religion joke here....

Ruffledbirdy

Comment

I truly despise working Sunday afternoon basketball games as the worst of my SCs come out. Should I be worried that I'm working Easter because of it being a religious holiday and the fact that it's on a Sunday?
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

For whatever reason, the after-church crowd at the cafe was by far the worst bunch of SC's we ever had. There was always a different mixture of people: men and women, young and old, from various different churches in the area. But the one thing they all had in common was that they were mean, nasty, cheap, rude, and condescending.
                      The worst was when a pastor's wife started to yell and scream at a very sweet teenage girl who was serving her coffee that wasn't as hot as she'd like. The girl fled the dining room in tears. Her husband, a so-called man of God, said and did nothing.
                      To this day, I have no idea why the church-goers were so awful. It makes no sense.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I forgot to add that I've worked religious conferences and I've come to the conclusion of 2 things: Those attending can be one of the nicest most understanding people I have ever met. I actually had a guy pay for a person's parking just because he cut her off and he felt bad about it. The woman was in pure shock when I told her her parking was paid for. The nice ones have asked how my day was along with just being so sweet. Then there are the ones who will call you "Satan Spawn" (Happened to me) all because of the parking charge.
                        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                          Should I be worried that I'm working Easter because of it being a religious holiday and the fact that it's on a Sunday?
                          Probably. Someone will complain about you working on the holiest day in Christianity. Bonus points if you point out that the players they are going to see are also "working" as are the folks inside the arena, and why aren't they home resting anyway?

Comment

"Just hurry the (F-bomb) up! I'm late for church!
                            There is something massively wrong with that sentence. Who can be the first to spot it?
                            Last edited by NightAngel; 03-26-2007, 08:43 PM. Reason: use quote button
                            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Next time an SC fresh outta church gives you lip, just tell them the following:

"Well, some things in life are bad, why they can really make you mad, other things just make you swear and curse.

When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle. And this'll help things turn out for the best...

Always look on the bright side of life...."

Bonus points if they get pissed.

Comment

Working...
                              X