This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes Entitlement Bitch

Oh last night was fun. I had this Bitch who decided she could leave her car in our lot and hitch a ride with someone so she wouldn't have to buy tire chains.

She's getting coffee and I'm helping someone else. She asks them if she can have a ride over the mountain. I interrupt to find out if she was without transportation or if she was planning on leaving her car.

Witch: "I'll have to, I can't move it"
    Me: (explains reasons why we can't let people leave their cars here just because they don't want to buy chains, we have to plow, the parking lot is busy, etc")
    Witch: "I can't even move it... (goes on to describe the fact that she needs chains)
    Me: "That's because it needs chains"
    Witch: "I am NOT buying chains"
    Me: "Well we can't allow anyone to leave their cars in our way"
    Witch: "I am done listening to you (as she's throwing her coins down on the counter to pay for her coffee)"
    Me: "You will hear more because if you leave the car here we will have to have it towed out of our way".
    Witch: "You need to stop talking"
    Me: "Oh, I don't think so. You are not going to dump your responsibility on me to become my problem and then tell me you don't give a rip. If you leave your car, I. Will. Tow. It."

She goes to leave telling me 'what it's about' (I don't remember exactly) but as I walked to the door to shut it on her I told her it was about personal responsibility.

So she parks her butt down by her $50,000 Mercedes and waits for her husband. Husband comes in and ask us not to tow it so she can leave it, what nearby (40 miles away) auto detailing shop he runs, who he's done work for (*I* don't care) and tries to explain her attitude. He was at least civil and when I told him things could have turned out a lot different had she not had the attitude he did apologize for her. My husband told him since he was from (next town) and had a business he should know what you have to deal with when you get a foot or more of snow in one night. He was all set to move her car to the road where it would be in the way of the plows (apparently neither one of them cares who they inconvenience) when a tow truck pulls in. I don't know if she called it or if it just happened by and happened to be going her way or what but next thing I know, her car is on the back of it and they leave.

Between them they had over $100,000 worth of vehicles and they couldn't/wouldn't buy a set of chains but they'll pay for a tow? Based on where they lived, they should have known better than to be in the mountains w/out them and owning a business, they should have understood our reasons. I get the feeling she was a tantrum throwning entitlement whore with a husband who indulged it.
    Last edited by Ree; 03-31-2007, 09:25 PM.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
    ~Clerks

I know *somewhat* where she's coming from. Around here, very few people have snow chains. I've only gotten stuck once...and that was because the idiots who plow the road didn't even bother. I tried to get up the hill by my grandmother's house...but because it was solid ice, had to abandon the car at the bottom and walk. However, before I did that, I found a safe place where I could leave it. I wasn't about to leave it along the highway, nor was I about to get it wrecked. I got lucky, and a local garage was more than happy to let me leave it there...provided the car wasn't in the way, and wasn't going to sit there longer than overnight.

However, this woman is just an entitlement whore. She thinks that simply because she can afford a $50,000 car that the world needs to kiss her ass. Nevermind that if she only knew that some of those 'Benzes are really Chryslers underneath her head would explode...
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Lol. Here it's a bit different. Any time there is any accumulation they put up the chain controls. Anyone who skis or lives on the other side knows this and she was local.

It's kind of like death and taxes. Up here it's death, taxes and CalTrans will put up chain controls if it snows.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
      ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth SuperB View Post
        Between them they had over $100,000 worth of vehicles and they couldn't/wouldn't buy a set of chains but they'll pay for a tow?
        That's crazy. Our cars didn't cost even half that much, yet we made sure we bought snow chains for both of them before we left Arizona! They weren't terribly expensive, either, even considering that one set had to be special-ordered, and snow chains aren't exactly a high-demand item in Phoenix.

Yet Miss Entitlement Bitch pitches a hissy-fit over a set of snow chains. Nice to know where her priorities are.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Here in Wisconsin, nobody has snow chains. I guess it's the combination of heavy snows+high elevation driving that requires people in California to have chains.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Only time I got stuck was in my own driveway...or rather, *not quite* in my own driveway...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, SuperB lives in a tourist destination town for skiing, so yeah, you'll need chains if you're on a mountain, not so much if you're down on the flat.

I don't have chains for this car, but then again, I haven't needed them. The Toyota I needed them for sure, it couldn't even handle slush, much less ice.

Comment

I purchased chains for my tires (I prefer studs btw)
                and it cost me $60.

SIXTY DOLLARS FOR 2 CHAINS TO USE UNTIL YOU GET HOME.

ONE Tank of Gas for my car costs $40.

A Towing job would cost up to $200 PLUS the storage /overnite fees.

Cut nose, spite face? Le Snob!!!

Cutenoob
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

What is it with these women with a big Mercedes? At the last law office I worked at we had a very small parking lot in the back with a few spaces for the clients. This one woman (doctor's wife, natch) would always leave her big black Mercedes parked across several parking spaces, leaving almost no room for anyone else to get in or out. She was such a pain in the butt! Whenever she would call she would always ask for the attorney without a greeting or saying her name. We all recognized her voice but we would always make her identify herself and leave her on hold awhile.
                  "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

I have slow chains. I live in Cali. I have bought them, just incase, I drive somewhere and need to use them.
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                      If I'm not mistaken, SuperB lives in a tourist destination town for skiing, so yeah, you'll need chains if you're on a mountain, not so much if you're down on the flat.

I don't have chains for this car, but then again, I haven't needed them. The Toyota I needed them for sure, it couldn't even handle slush, much less ice.
                      Yep. It's just over the mountain summits that they require them here in California.

~Clerks

Comment

Those people sound like the same ones who go around the barriers to I-90 after the HiPo shuts down the interstate. Then they get mad when they get stuck and the State sends them a bill for the rescue.

Chain laws - to bad they don't have a provision in them for thwacking idiots with the chains.
                        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                        X