This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of giggles

I can't remember if I've said this before, but I work on a checkout in a supermarket at the moment. These probably weren't sucky customers, just people who had silly moments.

A couple of giggles from this week...I didn't get a whole heap of sleep last night so I'm sorry if things might not make sense.

On Monday, I had a conversation along these lines:

Me: M
    Customer: C

C: Is there a problem with your scanner?
    M: No, why do you ask?
    C: You're spending a lot of time typing stuff in to your till. Why aren't you scanning my items?
    Me: *thinking: because loose fruit and vegetables don't have barcodes*

Today, I was covering a colleague for her lunch break. I was in the middle of serving a customer when a man comes up and starts putting his stuff down on the counter. So, I put a divider down between his stuff and her stuff to remind me when to stop.

Just as I'm about to tell the lady her total, the male customer gets my attention. He's holding the divider.

"Excuse me, but this isn't mine. I'm not paying for it". I couldn't help thinking of this site.

Quoth AnubisOne View Post
    He's holding the divider.

"Excuse me, but this isn't mine. I'm not paying for it". I couldn't help thinking of this site.

AW geeze....Rule #1 forgotten again......scuze me while I wipe off my iPod.
    Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

That's just awesome... Stupidity strikes again.
      I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
      "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

"Thank you sir! I'd almost forgotten my idiot-whacker! How careless of me!" *Whack* "Oh! Terribly sorry! It does that on its own sometimes" *whackwhackwhackwhackwhackwhack* "Oh, I'll be going now!" *whack*
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

He's holding the divider.
          OK, I was at Target tonight, and I used the divider to..well..divide my order from the lady infront of me. I was fine untill I picked it up...and then I remembered this post and I doubled over with giggles.......whoo!
          Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Great, now I'll never be able to pick up a divider w/o cracking up.
            If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

Just as I'm about to tell the lady her total, the male customer gets my attention. He's holding the divider.

Brain...shutting down...can't function...customer's stupidity...dragging my...IQ...down with...him...making me...talk like...William...Shatner...KAHN!
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

"Excuse me, but this isn't mine. I'm not paying for it".
                Thought of this when Mom & I went up to the register to check out in the grocery store yesterday.

On the same lines, I was once at a supermarket (Dierberg's, I think) as a customer, picking up stuff to make spaghetti for dinner. The checker grabbed my sausage (dirty!) and tried to ring it up on the customer ahead of me's order. I butt in suddenly with, "That's MY sausage!" not loudly, or angrily, just making sure the checker knew. Told my brother when I got home, and it's become a family in joke.
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                X