This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day in the life of a cell phone tech

Today was an ordinary day like many others. Customers complaining about issues that have nothing to do with their phones, like the customer who keeps on receiving the same voice mail over and over (hey, it's not stored in the phone you know!).

Today's hilights:
    Customer who walked into the store, then left. Then came back accusing us of breaking his phone. The sales rep only had it for a minute and never left his sight. Sure, then how come you used it after you left?

Customers who swear that they only use the phone a few minutes. Check their usage, 2-3 hours talk time a day, 50-100 text messages a day plus tons of web usage.

One customer who has a Palm Pilot phone with "out of memory" error message. Insists we fix it but we can't delete anything no matter what.

Today's best:
    The previously mentioned customer has no service plan, so $15-$35 to "fix" it. She is aware of the charges and signs the tech ticket. She also agrees to us doing a hard reset (reset it to factory defaults). We do that, and I decide to be nice and not charge her (how dare I).

She left pissed and complaining because we didn't charge her.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Quoth draggar View Post
    She left pissed and complaining because we didn't charge her.
    Moviegoers here might remember the movie The Hunt For Red October, and specifically the scene where the Russian Ambassador drops the "another submarine" bombshell. Now replace that with the SC in the above line, and picture my reaction as being similar to the American advisor's was.

I fear for the quality of the gene pool.
    I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

"One customer who has a Palm Pilot phone with "out of memory" error message. Insists we fix it but we can't delete anything no matter what."

Cue my hand colliding with my own forehead.
      Her demand makes my brain want to run away and hide under my bed.

"She left pissed and complaining because we didn't charge her."

what? .... what?

what?
      Re: Quiche.
      Pie is manly.
      Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
      Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
      So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

They're called smart phones which means you need to be smart (or at least literate) to use them but it seems that a lot of stupid people buy them.

I always love the people who say it's not their responsibility to sync it to their computer. We kindly point to where on the teck ticket (after they sign it, that is) says that we're not responsible for any user entered data on the devices.
        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Based on your pricing, I think I know who you work for, and I work for them too. I feel your pain. Trust me. I want to lay down and cry at least once a day. And I'm the sales manager...I don't know how the service center manager does it without going mental.
          I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

If you do, I know a lot of people in your neck of the woods, mostly in corp, but some scattered around your state.
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Today, different store, same $h!t. This is just a sampling.

Customer 1 argues that his phone isn't corroded and that he could fix it. He also claimed he knows how to do my job better than I do. Uh-huh.

Customer 2 has a ticket submitted for phone phone, then pulls out another, has a ticket submitted for that, then pulls out another, has a ticket submitted for that. In the end, we had 6 phones from him, all with disgusting white trash pictures as the screen savers.

Customer 3 says their phone is always dialing numbers. Third party voice dial application is not working, gets pissed because we can't troubeshoot it.

Customer 4 brings in her laptop saying the hard drive crashed. Um, we're a cell phone store, CompUSA and Best Buy are up the street.

Customer 5 - Customer #2 comes back, rinse and repeat with 4 of his phones. Well, I don't think he rinses at all.

Customer 6 - Wants her phone replaced, says it's defective, it won't make or receive any calls. Check the account - it's in collections.

Customer 7 - lost their phone and claims insurance said we'd give him a phone, but he needs to pay the deductible to the insurance company.

Customer 8 - Has a free phone they got 3 months ago, it's broken. Expects us to exchange it with the $800 model.
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
              X