This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um... wrong college...

So, while I'm happy I'm not the first hit on the phone tree any more, I do miss out on some rather fun calls.

The AAFHeaven took a call, and confused, as if we knew anything about a certain program. None of us did. She goes back to the call, and then a few minutes later asks if we're sure, because the adjunct professor is adamant that we have this program, and he wants it... NOW. We still didn't know anything about this program. She takes his name and number and promises to call him back.

She said that it's on their website that we bought this software, and he damands a copy of it.

Intrigued, I googled the program, found the website, and searched for anything with our name. I ended up doing a search for our name on that domain. I didn't find our name, but I did find the client list the caller was referring to.

So, I had AAFHeaven call him back.

"Sir, we think you confused the two colleges in town. The other college in town has purchased it. We have not."

She said he shut up pdq.
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Wow...Oops of the major end.

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
      She said that it's on their website that we bought this software, and he damands a copy of it.
      So this adjunct professor thinks he is entitled to a free copy of the software someone else bought?

I wonder if we'll hear from Dips about him trying to activate it?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I'm really not sure what he was thinking. And, anyways, he can use it all he wants, but since it won't work with our learning management system, it won't really matter.

I'm not sure if he read the college name and thought us, or that we were connected, or what. We were all scratching our heads over it.
        SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
        SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
        X