X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite kind of call

Me: "Helpdesk, this is Jenni."

Caller: "Hi. I think my MONITOR is dead. I press the power button, and the yellow light turns on, and it makes the 'doo doo doo' noise, but then nothing happens."

Me: "Yellow light?"

Caller: "Oh, wait, I wonder if my hard drive got turned off because of the storm. Yeah, looks like that was it. Thank you!"

Me: "You're welcome!"
    Last edited by technical.angel; 12-01-2006, 02:54 PM. Reason: Spacing
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Okay, now I know the Benadryl is affecting me. I read your post twice, and each time I read. "I think my MOTHER is dead."

Thanks for the unintentional giggle.

Comment

You're welcome!

And now that I'm back at work, hopefully I'll have more stories!

Jenni

Comment

Quoth Kika View Post
        Okay, now I know the Benadryl is affecting me. I read your post twice, and each time I read. "I think my MOTHER is dead."
        Your mother came with a power button? Well, I suppose that would have come in handy if you wanted to sneek out of the house as a teenager...
        Last edited by Spiffy McMoron; 11-29-2006, 03:36 PM.
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
          Your mother came with a power button? Well, I suppose that would have come in handy if you wanted to sneek out of the house as a teenager...
          My former self wishes...

That's why I read the post three times. I couldn't understand why 1) They were calling tech support for a dead mom and 2) what power button they were talking about.

I'm not usually THAT much of an idiot.

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
            Me: "Helpdesk, this is Jenni."

Caller: "Hi. I think my monitor is dead. I press the power button, and the yellow light turns on, and it makes the 'doo doo doo' noise, but then nothing happens."
            Sure it was a "DEE DEE DEE" noise and not a "doo doo doo" noise instead? Sounds like a PEBCAK Error (Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard).
            So I tell the swamp donkey to sock it before I give her a trunky in the tradesman's entrance and have her lick me yarbles! - Hooligan from the Movie Eurotrip.

Comment

I'm sure she meant the slight humming noise an older CRT makes when you turn the power on.

Jenni

Comment

Quoth Spankmonkey View Post
                Sure it was a "DEE DEE DEE" noise and not a "doo doo doo" noise instead? Sounds like a PEBCAK Error (Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard).
                Are you sure it's not an "eye-dee-ten-tee" (I D 10 T) error?
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Well, she didn't know her tower was off, so I'm calling it an I D 10 T.

Jenni

Comment

I'd consider this kind of temporary cerebral flatulence to be an IOHS condition.
                    (For those who don't know, that means Insufficient Operator Head Space)
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Kika View Post

Thanks for the unintentional giggle.
                      Weird, I read the same thing! Long day...
                      Every day at work is the new worst day of my life.

Comment

There, that should fix it.

Jenni

Comment

Thanks, Jenni! Your "fix" had me laughing even harder than my mistake!

Comment

Always glad to be of service!

Jenni, the funny

Comment

Yes....those are the best calls ever. You don't even have to say three words to them, and all their problems are solved. ^-^

Comment

Working...
                              X