X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did somebody hack my phone?

I'm at my wits end.

I went to charge my phone this morning because the battery is getting down. It won't charge.

More disturbingly, it's doing random things like pulling up contacts, dialing the number 4, and opening up e-mail and web pages without me touching the screen.

It's an LG Optimus android phone. It's close to 2 years old. I know I should probably get a new phone but that will have to wait until next month--money's a bit tight. I gotta figure out what's wrong with this one or else not have a phone for a month.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Solved the charging problem by using a different charger. It works slower but I have to go to work.

Will see how it works when it's charged.

Comment

Moms phone started doing that at one time. It was awkward when it would do it too cause a lot of times it would just randomly call people and use her minuets up. She got a new one and when the other one was erased they opened it up. Part of the circuitry was fried.

Comment

Sounds like it could be a physical problem, but it may very well just be glitched.

Try taking out the battery, holding the power button down for a bit to discharge any capacitors, then leaving the phone to sit for ~ 15 mins.

Comment

I was personally thinking water damage. but yes it could also just be circuit damage itself.

Comment

another thing to think about is do you have an anti-virus program on it?
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I'd pin the issue on the LCD pad or it's interface circuitry being damaged.

Think of it like an LCD monitor that you touch all the time. Eventually all that poking is going to ruin it.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

It seems to be fine now that it's charged.

If I can get it to last for the rest of the month I'll be good.

Comment

I second the physical problem diagnosis. IF you're truly worried about it being hacked, you can always do a factory reset.

Comment

Seems to me that android phones tend to not work at all well for the last 2 or 3 months that you have them before you can upgrade. I just went through that myself, the new Droid Razr M works like a charm...for now. I'm sure in 2 years it will be a complete beast.
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                    X