This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taskbar stuck on top of windows

Hello fellow techies! Try to figure this one out!

I recently moved back to XP, after a forced stint of Vista (Office 2007 ACTUALLY works on XP!!), and remembered why I volunteered to be the Vista guinea pig.

Win XP Pro, service pack 2. ATI Radeon X1300Pro video card.

My taskbar gets stuck ontop of other windows.

For example, check out this picture.

The top shows what I want. The bottom of the FF window is ABOVE the taskbar. Everything can be seen. HAPPY!

The bottom shows what happens. The bottom of the FF window is hidden behind the taskbar. Sad.

If I unlock the taskbar and relock it, the bottom of the FF window pops back up to the top of the taskbar.

I THINK, but I could be wrong, that it started since I installed UltraMon. I uninstalled it, but it didn't fix the issue.

I googled, but the most I could find was how to force your taskbar back down to the bottom of the screen if it flew up to the top.

Help?
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Quoth technical.angel View Post
    My taskbar gets stuck ontop of other windows.
    I had this problem with an autohidden Taskbar. It popped up just fine, but the app window it rose into wouldn't resize accordingly. I'm gonna put on my thinking cap and try very hard to remember what I did to fix it. (I assume your problem is with a locked, stationary, non-hiding taskbar obscuring maximized app windows?) Slightly different, but might yield a clue.

oops - almost forgot - since you installed Ultramon, does that mean you have two monitors? If so, does switching the primary yield the same glitch?

S.P.S. Maybe: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
    Last edited by sms001; 09-24-2007, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Hum..... taskbar plus might have fixed it... I shrunk the window, then restored it to maximized, and it worked.

Yes, I have two monitors, and switching the primary didn't fix it.

the only time I notice the problem is when I open Firefox (one of the only programs I run maximized on the primary screen), and the bottom status bar is hidden.

Comment

Hum..... taskbar plus might have fixed it...
        Or not. I came in this morning and it was broke again.

Comment

I recently moved back to XP, after a forced stint of Vista (Office 2007 ACTUALLY works on XP!!), and remembered why I volunteered to be the Vista guinea pig.
          Of course Office 2007 is going to work on XP. We don't even sell Office 2003 anymore. All it is is a suite... it's like most other programs.
          When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Meaning it didn't work very well AT ALL on Vista.

Comment

Try turning off the "Keep taskbar on top of other windows" It's a long shot, but it might work.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Nope, that did the opposite. The FF window completely hid the taskbar.

But, you know what, when I came in, it was fine.. so :: crosses fingers ::

Comment

I think I found it...In FF click "View" then check status bar.

Once I looked at your pics it dawned on me
                  "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Nope.. it's already checked.

It's not that FF is losing the status bar, it's that the taskbar is getting on top of the status bar. I talked to the guy who suggested UltraMon, and he thinks it's a config thing with that.

Comment

It's not that FF is losing the status bar, it's that the taskbar is getting on top of the status bar. I talked to the guy who suggested UltraMon, and he thinks it's a config thing with that.
                      didja ever resolve this TA? I've been lurking the thread and racking my brain for that long ago fix but no dice. As a final thought, it might be FF. I've seen its behavior vary EXTREMELY widely from os to os, so maybe the residuals from ultramon, xp, and FF itself are just that tad bit hairy enough to be unfixable. Hope I'm more help next time, and good luck.

Comment

Yep, something decided to work. I think it was the tool you linked me to. It just took a bit to work.

I'm thinking about going back to UltraMon. I keep scrolling my taskbar, and that's super annoying.

Comment

Working...
                        X