This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I throw myself on the mercies of the Mac Gods

My wife has an iBook, and she recently got a Pentax digital camera. Ever since she tried installing the software (which it ended up she didn't need since iPhoto handled it for her), every time she boots up there's a popup telling her that the Classic system won't launch because there's no OS 9.x installed on her machine. Well duh. Apparently the software for her camera was written for 9.x and now we can't get this annoying popup to stop. The Classic tab in the System folder says it's turned off but there's no "disable on bootup" option like Windows usually has for these sort of things.

I'm a relative n00b with Mac related matters, can someone help me out with this?
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Well, I just used this page to remove a startup item that was annoying me, so maybe it can help you.

I hope so, anyway.

http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/startupitems.html

Comment

BTW, that worked. I was able to locate the Mac equivalent of the startup menu and removed the item that the camera software included.
      "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Working...
      X