This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typing issues

I was actual going to post about something else when this issue came up. So as I'm sitting here typing, occasionally the cursor moves back a space in the middle of a word. It's happening too often for it to be something I'm doing. Also the space bar doesn't always take. It could be the soda I spilled on the keyboard the other day, but this is the first problem I've had with it, and I thought I cleaned it up pretty thoroughly. Never the less, I'm going to take it apart and try again, but do you have any suggestions if that isn't the problem?
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

It's probably the soda, and even if you take it apart and clean it again, if any got inside, you're hooped. It only takes a drop to really fark things up. If you've got a spare, or can borrow a spare from someone, that's the best way to make sure. Otherwise, do some deep scans in safe mode for virii and malware, as it can be a symptom. After that, defrag/scan disk if you haven't done those recently. That's a really long shot, but maybe. Someone else will probably have other suggestions.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I also say the soda, especially if it started after that. It's either causing keys to stick or a short circuit to form, and if it's the later, no amount of cleaning is going to fix it. Get a spare keyboard or buy a cheapie and plug it in.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Depending on the type of keyboard, you can take it apart and clean it.

But unless it is a really good keyboard, it isn't worth it. You can buy a new cheapie one for five bucks.

Best place to get decent good keyboards cheap is Value Village. Lots of older Dell and Compaq keyboards are often available... often close to new. And every so often an IBM Type M shows up. Got myself a few M2 keyboards that way....
        There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Other than the soda the only other thing I can think of is that if its a wireless keyboard that your batteries might be on the way out...?
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
          X