This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Printing

I was recently asked by a friend if I knew how to change the way Firefox printed URL's. I said yes and showed them how. But....the user wants the FF printout to look like IE or Safari, which I can almost accomplish. The issue I can't seem to figure out is if it is possible to make the URL, which I changed to print in the bottom left to fill the entire bottom of the page, just not the first 1/3 rd or so.

Any one know if this is possible?

I'm pretty sure it's not possible. The way Firefox currently works is that it has 6 different "spots" in the header and footer (top left, top center, top right, bottom left, bottom center, bottom right). You can set anything (including custom variables) to print in any one of these spots... however the space is limited and they don't overlap.

If I recall this is just built upon the printing system/code that firefox has always used. And while bug reports have been submitted throughout the versions... nothing in this area has really been changed as far as the functionality.

There *might* be an add-on that can add improved functionality but I don't think you can fiddle with firefox's own printing in the manner you want.
    Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Quoth MrSmiley View Post
      I'm pretty sure it's not possible. The way Firefox currently works is that it has 6 different "spots" in the header and footer (top left, top center, top right, bottom left, bottom center, bottom right). You can set anything (including custom variables) to print in any one of these spots... however the space is limited and they don't overlap.

If I recall this is just built upon the printing system/code that firefox has always used. And while bug reports have been submitted throughout the versions... nothing in this area has really been changed as far as the functionality.

There *might* be an add-on that can add improved functionality but I don't think you can fiddle with firefox's own printing in the manner you want.
      Thanks. That's kinda what I thought. I couldn't find any add-on.

Comment

Working...
      X