This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vingcard emergency!

I know quite a few of you don't work with ving card. Since management has deemed the issue unworthy of immediate help...

The thing that makes our hotel keys is a Vingcard machine. I functions by touch. Well, I went to scoot it out of the way & it somehow got unplugged and the battery pack fell out. It freaked out and went black, of course. So I powered it back up & it comes to a screen where one "touches the target" to get the sensors set.

Out damn machine has been losing it's sensitivity. It's a POS.

Anyway, I escilated the situation to the "manager" and she says she won't do anything about it until morning (9am, are you f-ing kidding me?) and to use the emergency lock out cards (for situations such as this).

I can not get this thing to sense me. I have been working on it for 2, yes 2 hours!

Help help help help help.

I mean, it's not like I haven't been here long. You would think "manager" would know that I don't contact her in the middle of the night for nothing but she isn't like my previous managers....I call them & they would be here very few questions asked!

URG.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

I would assume that a large system like that had to be deployed by a vendor.

I'd call the vendor of that system for further support.

Hopefully your company has a service contract with them.
    Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Working...
    X