This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playstation 2 issues with God of War I & II

I have no idea if anyone might be able to help but i'll explain the problem.

I have a PS2, and recently bought God of War and God of War 2 second hand.

With God of War 1 it will run fine, if I get it to start, 9 times out of ten when I put it into the ps2 it will not start reading the disc (But it works fine for other discs). As far as I can tell it doesn't make a difference if I put the disc in first, then turn it on, or if i turn it on first and then put the disc in.

If I go into the "browse" option it shows the memory cards I have in and then says "reading disc" if the disc is in but never shows the disc icon. The disc does start spinning and the lens moves into place from what I can hear) but it just keeps spinning and doesn't load. It works 100% of the time for other discs.

With God of War 2 it loads fine, and plays fine, but once you get to the first collossus fight (Shoot yourself from the crossbow onto his face and do the quicktime button presses of square x4) at the point where it should transfer from Kratos flying to the screen into the next cutscene where you land in a pool it instead shows the "You are dead" screen and then if you "Reload from checkpoint" it hangs and never loads.

I've deliberately missed the button presses to mess up the sequence, and if I do it simply returns me to the fight and if I try the event again it does the same "You are dead" screen.

Both discs are real (Not pirated copies, they have the PS2 logo imprinted into the plastic around the center hole) and have no scratches on them and have been cleaned carefully with a lint free cloth

anyway I'm stumped but if any of you have any idea please feel free to contribute.
    "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
    Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

All I can think of is the disks are defective. Best thing I can recommend is to contact the publisher's Customer Service (in this case, it would be Capcom) and see if you can get some resolution with them.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

What size system do you have?

I know the PS2 has an issue where as it gets older, it stops being able to read multi-layer, DVD, and PS1 disks, and eventually stops reading anything.

There are a variety of answers for various possibilities over at GameFAQs:
      http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/....html?qid=1031

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

thanks for the help, i'll take a look and see if I can get anywhere
        "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
        Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Working...
        X