X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007

Hey, any one know about Outlook 2007?
    I have client installed on W7Ultimate.
    Has been working fine - rec'd and send with no issues.
    Have Gmail 1, Gmail 2, and Gmail 3 and Hotmail account on this.

My problem has to do with rules.
    I created at least 4 rules - come in thru G1, get split into 3 different folders.
    G2- straigt to its own folder
    G3 -straight to its own folder

G1 is giving me shit. I want all emails from boyfriend John to come in thru G1, and get sent to John folder. For some damn reason, I ran the rule last nite. Worked fine, yanked all the John mails out of G1 main folder.
    Now today, when receiving new emails for G1 - they go to G1 and get copied into John folder. WTF. The rule worked yesterday. Any bugs or known issues/features on this stuff?
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Standard troubleshooting

In the rule wizard check and make sure you selected "move it to the specified folder" not "move a copy to the specified folder" on page 3. And on page 5 make sure you selected "Turn this rule on" and "Run this rule now on messages already in the inbox"

If that does not work delete the rule and make a new one.

Still having trouble, let us know and we will run some special outlook commands to reset flags.

Comment

Dask_ BTDT. I have checked the rules to make sure it's not a copy, and no execptions. I ran the rule last night after I created it (up in my questoin) and it worked fine, yanked all the John mails out of Gmail main folder.
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Ok, double check the G1 account. See if it is connecting to the gmail server as if it is an IMAP server not a POP3. If it is connected to the gmail server as an IMAP make sure the gmail account has IMAP enabled.

For an IMAP account, they'll work only on the messages that remain in the IMAP's Inbox and only if you download the full message and not just the headers. If you click the small arrow in the lower right hand corner of outlook 07 this will allow you to see what Outlook is currently doing. If office 2007 is set to full unless your internet connection is slow, it will act weird.

In some situations the IMAP server may or may not process commands quickly. A move command to an IMAP server is simply a copy then delete if moving to a folder on the same account. If copping to a folder not attached to the account, simply a delete. The delete command will simply mark the message for deletion, displaying it with an overstrike. IMAP deleted messages don't get purged from the folder until you purge them, either with an explicit purge or by a setting in Outlook to purge when you change folders or close Outlook. It might help to use the "Hide Messages Marked for Deletion" view instead if the "IMAP Messages" view. I highly believe this is your problem.

If that does work it is time for the fun

first thing I would try is reseting the srs file

go to;

Vista/Win7 C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outl ook
        Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

find the srs file associated with the account and rename it from .srs to .old. Then

Start outlook and see it it start behaving.

Next, If the folder you are moving the email to is actually a PST file on your computer. I would run 'scanpst' against it and look for errors. The program should be in the outlook install directory.

If it still wont work we might be dealing with a corupted rule file.

Go to start -> Run then type in "outlook.exe /cleanrules" hit enter. You will need program in all of your rules once this is done.

Comment

Working...
        X