X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whopper Freakout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMOPj6-4nDU

As a former Burger King worker I feel for the workers participating in this experiment. And just seeing the behavior of some of the customers made me see red. It's just a burger for criminy's sake.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

I feel bad for the manager. No doubt he was wishing the day would just end with those experiments.

An interesting experiment otherwise.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Many of those people looked like they really didn't need another Whopper.
      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

I bet if McDonalds did this with the Big Mac, it'd be ten times worse.

This kind of reminds me of the New Coke fiasco, in a way.
        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

That commercial just gets on my last nerve! ARRGGHH!!!!! I hate the woman who says "I want to see a manager when I get to the window" like the manager is going to say "Oops! Sorry! My employee doesn't know what the heck they're talking about! Here's a Whopper out of my backside!" Or at the very end of the commercial where this guy with a deep voice says "You get me a whopper now" (or something close like it).

Really people! It's just a burger! Come on! Yes, I do like Burger King (had a their Kid's Meal today), but if they ran out of the Whopper? Who cares! Sheesh ... I'll find somewhere else to eat, not throw a tantrum.

Comment

It proves the power of branding and advertising. Scary, eh?

Rapscallion

Comment

This commercial really annoys me. The poor employees who had to put up with this nonsense. I hope they got some kind of bonus.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum
                Really people! It's just a burger! Come on! Yes, I do like Burger King (had a their Kid's Meal today), but if they ran out of the Whopper? Who cares!
                Exactly. Now, if they ran out of bacon double cheeseburgers, there'd be hell to pay.
                "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

yeah i saw this and was thinking how stupid a lot of these people where acting. Its not like they put some kind of secret sauce on it that makes a person addicted to the sandwich and they have to have it or die!!!!! Although thats the way some of them where acting. Jeez if they dont have what you want on the menu get somethign else I'm sure they have enough other choices to share and enjoy.

Comment

That commercial is the reason why I'm glad we have a DVR. Then we can just pause the commercial, wait a couple of minutes, then skip right past it.

Seriously, I really want to smack the people who came up with that advertising scheme. My blood pressure seems to rise every time the commercial comes on. The first time I saw it I thought it was going to be a funny commercial. Boy was I sorely mistaken.
                    Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

i watched that commercial and have been looking everywhere for this thread...
                      WHY!!! god the women in the drive throw? the stupid idiots? the jackasses? God all you are showing is that there are people who are idiots who deserve to be forfully nutered adn spayed.
                      I mean come on!!! they have some many other good sandwiches too.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                        I mean come on!!! they have some many other good sandwiches too.
                        I love their grilled chicken sandwich (sans tomatoes). MMM... I could really go for one of those, a thing of fries, and maybe a piece of chocolate pie right now.
                        Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

I think the whole "experiment" is totally asinine. I really feel bad for the employees that had to endure this bullshit.
                          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I hope it was totally fake.

I mean, that is just setting it up for SCs to run rampant and scream and kick and cry.

I saw a couple of those commercials and I honest to gosh thought it was fake, and I continue to hope that it's fake.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Jeez, a sandwich is a sandwich. And I agree with Knightmare, some of those people could do with LESS whoppers.
                              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                              X