This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexual Harassment Training

A little while ago, I had to do the sexual harassment training at work. The only good part is that it gave me ideas of things to do after work. Anyone have any good stories about this?

-John
    www.piecomic.com

At my job, we have the sexual harassment training on line and get a certificate when we complete it. I asked if the course was a "How-to" class. :-)
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      At my job, we have the sexual harassment training on line and get a certificate when we complete it. I asked if the course was a "How-to" class. :-)
      Yeah, I had to go for Sexual Harassment Training, too. After working with early 20-something guys for 4 years at the Green&White place, I don't need it!
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Last time we had SH training, all the guys kept repeating the "no-no"s as shown on the video verbatim. For weeks

Comment

As far as I know, we don't have SH classes where I work, but some people seem to need it.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

We have annual training, online, and we get a certificate. Yea! Sitting in a conference room watching videos is the worst.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

We get diversity training, (covers all sins). I now have an online training package to complete, in addition to the 2 days training last year etc...
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Y'know, I say the comic in the first post and was about to do the old, "Good comic, but we don't allow people to wander off with another person's copyrighted work," routine, but then I realised it's yours

Rapscallion

Comment

They did it at my job, and it was the biggest waste of time and insult to my intelligence I can imagine.

No one was taking it seriously, which royally pissed off the instructor. The woman next to me mentioned that she was 70 years old, and that she wasn't about to harrass anyone, and no one was going to harrass her.

Then they showed a short film about what constitutes harrassment, including a wonderfully-acted scene where a guy wolf-whistled at a female coworker. What was this, the 50s???

About the only thing I learned was that I apparently sexually harrassed the guy who cut me off at the light on the way to work that morning.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Was there a panda involved?

Comment

I've asked our HR department if we can have this person speak at our next diversity training session.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I always liked to comment about these types of things with a "so since common sense can't be used -- you need to teach us to be racist, sexual pigs - so we won't be racist sexual pigs?"

As bad as it seems, the videos taught me new things and phrases that were sexual that I never knew before -- other things were so obviously wrong that, well, no one would even think of doing it (let's just say it involved batteries, something that was 14" long and it bouncing around a desk).

Comment

At orientation at the factory, we got to listen to a 45 minute spiel from the HR rep (who in turn told a story about how he was once guilty of sexual harrassment) and then we watched a movie that had to be from 1985.

It was your typical 80s setting....an office with all female secretaries with over-padded shoulders, a male boss making passes at the girls in their skirts and nylon stockings, then a scene with a bunch of construction workers harrassing a smaller guy.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Rattslinger View Post
                            I've asked our HR department if we can have this person speak at our next diversity training session.
                            I'm a saaaaad panda.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I was the only female under the age of 40 in an office of a machine shop for 3 years.

Suffice it to say that the majority of those guys would probably respond with "Oh, we're not allowed to do that?" to most of the points in a SH video.
                              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                              X