Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm eternally grateful that I don't work in an environment where they even consider any of these "training" sessions.

Hell, we regularly swap dirty jokes, and the bossman is the resident 'dirty old man.'

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I can't believe I forgot what we were told at my SH class.

According to the feds, no matter what the content, all graffiti is considered sexual harassment. Nobody can figure that one out. Just remember that when you're driving down the street and you see something on a wall, street sign, etc. I just want to know why they aren't prosecuting taggers for it when they're (seldom) caught.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Sexual harassment? Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a lady friend, and someone sneaks up on you and tickles your balls from behind?
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
          Was there a panda involved?
          Dammit! You beat me to it
          ...and now the Sexual Harassment Panda song is in my head now...

One of my college friends told me something about one of the local hospitals. Anyone want to guess what statute number Sexual Harassment is listed under in their employee handbook? Yep, 69. Not sure if it was intentional or not...but I thought that was funny as hell!
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

At my orientation I had to sign a few forms about sexual harrasment in the workplace and was told "We take that sort of thing VERY seriously here...."

A few days later when i tried to talk on the walkie after grabbing a bite out of a demo on the floor and the same supervisor promptly told me to "get that dick outta yer mouth before you speak!"
            Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

I just remembered a sign one of my coworkers had a sign up at his desk:

"Sexual harrassment isn't a problem here. It's one of the benefits."

This was back in the early 90s. That probably wouldn't fly today.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                I just remembered a sign one of my coworkers had a sign up at his desk:

"Sexual harrassment isn't a problem here. It's one of the benefits."

This was back in the early 90s. That probably wouldn't fly today.
                One of my friends had a similar sign in her office in the 90s:
                "Sexual harassment is allowed; however, it will be graded."

Comment

Here is a good sexual harassment training video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tpNBKqVXpI
                  Op.125

Comment

My current job with the last few consisted of watching some cheesy-ass video from corporate about sexual harassment.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Shortly after Pfizer's Magical Blue Pill (V...) came out, an acquaintance was slapped with a sexual harassment charge for having a jar of blue M&Ms on his desk.

I rather suspect that wasn't his only transgression and that he probably was somewhat objectionable, but still...

Comment

I don't mind having to go through sexual harassment training. But my problem is that it's too damn long. What they spend over an hour on can be reduced to the following spiel:

"Don't make others uncomfortable. If someone says you're making them uncomfortable, just be cool and knock it off. If you think the other person is being unreasonable, schedule time with HR so we can work it out. You can report sexual harassment to any manager and above. If you're a manager, you are required to report any sexual harassment cases to HR even if the person who told you doesn't want to make a 'big deal' out of it. Thank you, now go to lunch."

Comment

My sexual harassment training could be simplied to two sentences: "Use common sense: if it's sexual in nature leave it for home. If you're uncomfortable about something tell the person to stop, if they don't report them. "

Comment

Quoth Format C View Post
                            Here is a good sexual harassment training video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tpNBKqVXpI
                            Either I've seen that before.... or it was actually used by one company I was at -- can't say for certain; but it was about as useless as ones I've seen.
                            Last edited by JLRodgers; 05-03-2008, 01:03 AM.

Comment

I teach a class which consists mostly of young Eastern European men whose English is good enough for them to crack the occasional smutty joke (usually something about girls in bikinis when we're discussing holidays ). It's part of the fun, never anything OTT.
                              Not sure if this counts, but it's bloody funny. One of my co-workers goes to a gym which has a pool, and she wears a bikini when swimming in it, as one does. However, she didn't realise that one of our younger students (17/18) is a member of the same gym, and also likes to use the pool. Now every time he sees her, he gets that 'saw teacher in a bikini... ' look. IMO, a good excuse not to go swimming.
                              God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

Working...
                              X