This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a safe place to work!

Or why bigwigs are so cheap, they'll wait until something blows up and someone nearly gets killed before they fix something (which ultimately will end up costing more in the long run anyway!)

Working in a factory with dangerous chemicals, there are bound to be spills and that's why we have a Hazmat team. However.....

Three in one night?! All three because of plugged hoses and piddly little things that the bigwigs refuse to let maintenance fix because they don't want to risk having machines down and stopping production!

To add insult to injury, there is no page or tone to alert Hazmat team members as to when they are needed. Same goes for first responders.

On our way to break, we saw flashing strobe lights by the department across the hall and moon suits and oxygen tanks by the door.......and the boss of that department just standing there. Where were the Hazmat people? They were not paged!

Thankfully, with one of the other spills, one of the employees in that department is a team member, and she quickly got gowned up and phoned other team members.

Why do I know the bigwigs refuse to let maintenace fix stuff? The head maintenance man on my shift is my friend's fiancee's father, I asked him once why the nozzle on the acid line had been plugged for so long, and he said "We're not allowed to fix certain things until a work order is called in. Sometimes we are given strict directions to leave things alone until they break so that production doesn't stop." And then he rolled his eyes.

Yes...I'm fairly certain one of these days, that place is going to blow up. And then I'm sure any survivors will be told to go to the other side of the factory to keep working and keep product moving. "Well, we still have half a factory! Get to work! These are due June 1st!"
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

The Mutated Zombies, which were created due to the chemical spill, will then learn that it's the bigwigs fault and go after them. Because Bigwig brains are nothing but junk food to Zombies and Zombies love junkie-brain-food.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Let's not talk about zombies. I am so scared of the zombie apocalypse. I had a nightmare about them the other day. They were banging on my window and door, just like the movies, blood splattering everywhere, and they were hissing at me....and I didn't have a gun or anything.

But I digress...I remember one occurance like it was just yesterday. One day last summer, some idiot newbie tried to unplog a nozzle himself and chlorine started leaking everywhere. Luckily the alarm went off instantly, and everyone ran out of the room...the smell was so powerful.........it took nearly 4 hours for the Hazmat team to clean up that mess. It was everywhere, all over the floor. My boss was pissed.

Comment

How is it that people cannot seem to understand that preventive maintenance is far far cheaper than fixing something when it breaks?
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          The Mutated Zombies, which were created due to the chemical spill, will then learn that it's the bigwigs fault and go after them. Because Bigwig brains are nothing but junk food to Zombies and Zombies love junkie-brain-food.
          Brains....sweet yummy delicious BBBRRRRAAAAAIINNNNNSSSSS.....

On a more serious note: OSHA is your friend.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Brains....sweet yummy delicious BBBRRRRAAAAAIINNNNNSSSSS.....

Agreed! An "anonymous" call to OSHA should be your 1st priority here. This is your safety we are talking about. If something were to happen to you, we would miss your DipShit stories to no end.
            I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              Let's not talk about zombies. I am so scared of the zombie apocalypse. I had a nightmare about them the other day. They were banging on my window and door, just like the movies, blood splattering everywhere, and they were hissing at me....and I didn't have a gun or anything.
              Thank you for giving me the focus for my nightmares tonight..

I even bought that zombie survival guide....and my recurring zombie nightmares got worse....

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                How is it that people cannot seem to understand that preventive maintenance is far far cheaper than fixing something when it breaks?
                Because if it makes sense, it's not allowed.â„¢
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

AMEN to that Becks!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    IPF beat me to it, if the clean up team wear moon suits just to mop up a spill OSHA should be on speed dial daily until such time as repairs are in place.

For your own sake at least...
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

make sure you have records (I think 33 1/3's work best)
                      they apparently work when defending ones self against Zombie's

Comment

Last night was even better.

A machine's air hose is loose. Maintenance can't do anything but temporarily rig it to stay in place. Every few hours it gets....constipated with air and blows and the hose rattles like crazy against the machine and one of these times it's going to come off.....

I really didn't want to work on that machine. It sounded like some kind of tropical rumba going on all night.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                          Let's not talk about zombies.

I'd just like to say the relative lack of walking dead* I encounter during the day let's me know everything is good(I set my standards low)

as far as I'm concerned-as long as the walking dead are on my dvds and in my books, but not in my yard-life is good

*results may vary your dead may be slithering on stumps or crawling.....
                          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Reading through this, I flash back to my days back at Whiskeyclone. I remember an old pickup truck that was so old that the brights had to be activated on the floor. The truck also has caught fire three times and someone swore that the odometer rolled over at least five times.
                            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

and joy of joys Shaun of the Dead was on Comedy Central over the weekend . . .so yes in honor of Blas I had to watch it.

Comment

Working...
                              X