This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
    How is it that people cannot seem to understand that preventive maintenance is far far cheaper than fixing something when it breaks?
    Because many people are only concerned with short-term results. They'd rather ignore the problem, and hope it goes away. Then, when it *does* fail, they bitch about how expensive it is

I worked for a guy like that. He absolutely refused to maintain the computer equipment...unless it was *his* computer having problems. Then, he went out and bought the best (and usually the most expensive) parts he could find. For everything else, I had to either scrounge around for parts, or find creative ways of fixing things.

Remember the Compaq laptop I'd set up with a regular monitor and keyboard? That eventually got scrapped when it could no longer run our fax list. Actually, it's sitting in my office awaiting its fate

Same guy also made me get rid of all of my spare parts. Whenever I'd get rid of old computers, I'd keep the keyboards and mice...mainly because people kept spilling things on them. However, once he found my stash...I was told to throw them out. Of course it all went home with me--I used what I could, gave away some of it...and scrapped the rest. Now, if anything breaks, we're SOL
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Wow, we really do have a similar workplace environment in terms of Chemicals and maintenance. Sigh. And I too am afraid of zombies. Saw Evil Dead, slept with the lights on for three days and took a running leap into bed for a few months.

Comment

Working...
      X